Dilated Ventricles

Why is my baby's head so big?

Query: Hi doctor, I was blessed with twin baby girls before three months. It was a premature C-section at 36th week. At birth, one of my baby head size was 33 cm. After some days, it was 36.5 cm. So, the doctor was surprised and sent for an ultrasound scan. I have attached the first report of the scan. It ...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. The head circumference of 40.5 cm at 8 weeks of age is definitely abnormal. In addition to that, the scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) clearly ...  Read Full »