Dilators

An instrument used to dilate or expand an opening is called a dilator. It can be used to dilate urethra, esophagus, or vagina and cervix.

Why does my vagina feel too tight for a tampon?

Query: Hello doctor, My tampon will not go in no matter how hard I try and it hurts so bad. I cannot get my finger in either sides. I have planned to have sex soon but my vagina is too tight. What can I do? Is this normal? I really want to get a tampon in, because I am tired of pads and I feel like my vag...  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, some girls may have a tight vagina. I would suggest it is better to get yourself examined by a doctor under good light as the actual diagnosis of tightness can only be found out then. Different causes may include vaginal septum or vaginal stenosis, etc. But if i...  Read Full »

How to make intercourse less painful?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old girl and have a small vaginal opening. My husband and I hardly have sex because it hurts me so badly. What can I do to stop it from being so painful?  Read Full »

Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A small vaginal opening can lead to a painful sexual intercourse. I would suggest you use a good vaginal lubricant every time before the act. It would help in smoother penetration of the penis thereby reducing the pain. If this does not help you, dilators can be use...  Read Full »