Q. What can be done when my vagina is too tight for a tampon to get in?

Dr. Nadia Khan
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Nov 15, 2019

My tampon will not go in no matter how hard I try and it hurts so bad. I cannot get my finger in either sides. I have planned to have sex soon but my vagina is too tight. What can I do? Is this normal? I really want to get a tampon in, because I am tired of pads and I feel like my vagina is blocked. Currently I am on Fluoxetine.

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Yes, some girls may have a tight vagina. I would suggest it is better to get yourself examined by a doctor under good light as the actual diagnosis of tightness can only be found out then. Different causes may include vaginal septum or vaginal stenosis, etc. But if it is only a tight vagina, then it can be resolved quickly by the use of dilators. But I would not recommend you to do it your own without having a consultation with an expert. I hope it has helped you. If you require any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Keyhole Spine Surgery - a Boon to Spine Health

Article Overview: Spinal diseases are the second most common reason for a medical consultation. About 80% of world population will have low back pain at some point in their lives. Hence, anticipating this problem and with a goal to reduce postoperative pain and to improve recovery times, the keyhole spine surgery was first introduced in 1997. It is currently the most popular and most commonly performed type of spine surgery in the developed world. Read Article

Dr. Chandan Mohanty
Neuro Surgeon

Spinal diseases are the most common cause of the disability worldwide, measured using disability-adjusted life year (DALY) parameter. Contrary to popular perception, the peak incidence of spinal disorder is not seen in the elderly but rather in the age group of 35 to 55 years. With an increase ...  Read Article

Why do I get vaginal tear everytime while having sex?

Query: Hello doctor, Everytime I have sex I get a vaginal tear. I did not have sex or wear a tampon for 10 weeks to let it heal. I had sex again last night and it tore again. I do not have an issue with lubrication, so I am not sure what to do.  Read Full »

Why do I have frequent and painful urination after scratching myself, while using a tampon?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday I scratched myself, while I was using a tampon. Now I have a pressing urge to use the bathroom every 10 minutes. Every time only a little pee comes out, it stings a lot and has a bit of blood in it. Is this a vaginal scratch or a yeast infection? Should I see my doctor? I fe...  Read Full »