Q. What can be done when my vagina is too tight for a tampon to get in?

Dr. Nadia Khan

My tampon will not go in no matter how hard I try and it hurts so bad. I cannot get my finger in either sides. I have planned to have sex soon but my vagina is too tight. What can I do? Is this normal? I really want to get a tampon in, because I am tired of pads and I feel like my vagina is blocked. Currently I am on Fluoxetine.

#

Yes, some girls may have a tight vagina. I would suggest it is better to get yourself examined by a doctor under good light as the actual diagnosis of tightness can only be found out then. Different causes may include vaginal septum or vaginal stenosis, etc. But if it is only a tight vagina, then it can be resolved quickly by the use of dilators. But I would not recommend you to do it your own without having a consultation with an expert. I hope it has helped you. If you require any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

|