Q. What are the treatment options for disc herniation other than chiropractor exercise?

Dr. Maan Singh Dhanjal Dc
Published on Aug 21, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 28, 2019

I am suffering from disc herniation pain. There is no good chiropractor near me. What other options do I have to cure my disc herniation?

#

There are many different treatment options for your disc herniation. Physiotherapy, chiropractic care, physical therapy, and yoga are effective based treatment options. If these type of facilities are not available near you, you can also try anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers to help ease the discomfort. A most common prescription for disc herniation that is prescribed is Motrin 800 mg (Ibuprofen) three times a day and Baclofen 10 mg two to three times a day. A proper diagnosis is required as well as making sure there is no contraindication for these medications. Boswellia is a natural herb that you can try as well.

| 

I have a great deal of pain due to L5-S1 disc hernia. How to get over it?

Query: Hello doctor,I suffer from an L5-S1 disc hernia, with pressure on the S1 root. I also have a partial tear in the right hip labrum. My surgeon is not sure which one is the cause of leg pain which starts at the low back and ends at the back of my feet. I suffer from a great deal of pain and would real...  Read Full »

I have back pain due to lumbar spinal stenosis. Should I get laminectomy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had back pain for the last 12 years. I had an l5 s1 disc herniation and later diagnosed with severe lumbar spinal stenosis at l4 l5 as well. My back pain is more critical than the leg pain. However, I have persistent calf and foot spasms and cramping (especially in bed and at n...  Read Full »

What would be the treatment for disc slip?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with L5-S1 16 mm disc slip. I have tried Hydrocortisone injection eight days ago which has done nothing. I have been passed between GP and orthopedic surgeon and now I have to try physio. I have lower back pain that radiates to both legs and also have a lot of leg...  Read Full »

Ask a Chiropractor Now