Discoid Lupus Erythematosus

What could be the spreading spot on my face be?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a spot on my skin for about two weeks and is not healing. It started out like a pimple and is now spreading. I thought it was an infected pimple and applied Bactroban which did not help. It tingles and burns.I do not know whether it is a fungal infection or not. I had something sim...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sure your problem is distressing and is affecting you severely. Let us understand your case. Since you are a very fair skin type patient, you are naturally more exposed to sun radiation which is UV-A and UV-B (ultraviolet A and B) rays. In effect what it does is, ...  Read Full »

How to remove the scar in my face following a skin infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I developed a skin infection on my face. It is in three places. One on the right corner of forehead, one just near below my right eye and then one just below my right lip. Symptoms started with some itching and redness. Below my lip some kind of small blisters wer...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What immunological investigation have you undergone? Please upload the reports? How long have you been taking Zanclav (combination of Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid)?  Do you have any other site affected? Is there any problem with sun exposure? Actually on first look i...  Read Full »

I have hard lumps on my scalp that are red and white. What could they be?

Query: Hello doctor,I have these red and white hard lumps on my scalp. Some are not lumpy but, are just marks. Can you tell me what they are and how to get rid of them? I have dandruff as well.  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be pityriasis sicca. The diagnosis can be confirmed with a trichoscopy and skin biopsy. Consider the application of Onabet B lotion (Beclomethasone and Sertaconazole) at bed time over the scalp for 14 days. Use a shampoo that contains 2 % Ketoconazole to wash th...  Read Full »