Duodenal Stricture

How long does it take to heal after duodenal diverticulum surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,I am undergoing duodenal diverticulum surgery, and I was subjected to a feeding tube. On removal of the feeding tube, the entire food was thrown out through the hole. A stitch is done in the area, and slightly it is still leaking. I understand that in the normal case, the stomach heals ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shivpal Saini

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is an unusual situation. Most of the time, it does not happen. But it is happening with you that food is coming out from the feeding jejunostomy site. It will heal by itself over 10 to 14 days duration. There is nothing to worry about it. We cannot do much for quic...  Read Full »

My mother has abdominal tuberculosis and duodenal stricture. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has abdominal tuberculosis, duodenum stricture, and obstruction in rectosigmoid and distal sigmoid colon. She does not take any food, not even liquid food. And she does not pass urine and stools from the past four months. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Abdominal tuberculosis requires antituberculosis drugs for sure, but if a stricture is present even after taking medications for 3 to 4 months, then surgery is recommended to relieve obstruction due to stricture. Presently, she is neither able to eat nor able to pass...  Read Full »