Dyshidrotic Eczema

What could cause small itchy pimples in between the fingers?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife has small pimples in between her fingers on both hands and they are itchy. It subsides when she uses ice water. Even wearing gloves gives relief. When using detergents or soap it increases. Two months the back same thing happened and it got cured. This is the second time and i...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzzaif U Mansuri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know a few things before coming to a diagnosis. Is anyone in the family has such itching? Is itching worse at night? Does any other part of the body has red spots? Which soap and detergent you use? What all housework you do? The attached photos are ...  Read Full »

My mom is suffering from a skin disease. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is suffering from skin disease for the last two months on her palms and bottom part of her legs. She has an itchy feel from inside and usually her hands are getting tight and dry. The upper layer of her palm skin is coming out in patches. Please guide me with the pictures attached.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and the given history of your mother. Most likely she is suffering from tinea manuum (fungal infection of hand) and tinea pedis and the second possibility is hand and foot eczema (dyshidrotic eczem...  Read Full »

What causes dark patches on feet?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has dark patches on the sides and soles of her feet. When her feet are dry, they feel hard to the touch, and when her feet become wet, the skin on them starts to peel. And they seem to be increasing. What could it be?  Read Full »

Dr. Sreelakshmi S

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it seems that the black patches in your mother's leg are due to dry foot. Moisturizing is essential as it helps the skin to become soft, smooth and less likely to crack. Use a moisturizing cream with urea or lactic acid. It will help to exfoli...  Read Full »

Why do I have brown spots on fingertips?

Query: Hello doctor, I have dark spots on my fingers that I have noticed this month only. It seems to be dry skin and this area on my fingers look bruised, as if they were left in the cold and looks almost purplish. In the past I did have tiny bumps that were itchy on the sides of my fingers but, they ar...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two probabilities of your condition, one is allergic contact dermatitis and the other is pompholyx which is also known as dyshidrotic eczema. Since you have not mentioned your age, complaint, onset and progression of these bumps in details, I am unable to co...  Read Full »

How can I treat the itchy bumps present on my hand?

Query: Hi doctor, I have bumps on my hand. It keeps spreading. I have itching, and I do not know what to do. I need some help. I am sending my pictures. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Siva Subramanian

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query and the pictures of your hands (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your rash is eczema, more specifically pompholyx (dyshidrotic eczema). You have to find the cause of the disease and avoid it. The most common reason is the us...  Read Full »

How can I manage bumps filled with clear fluid on feet?

Query: Hello doctor, I get these bumps on my feet every year every few months. They are filled with a clear liquid. They do not hurt or itch unless I am applying pressure or if I break open the skin on top. The skin underneath is so thick and raw that it hurts when exposed. I have gotten these for 15 years...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), this is called dyshidrotic eczema. It presents with itchy tense blisters over palms and soles usually, as it progresses the skin peels off. It worsens during winter like any other eczema. You...  Read Full »

Why do the hands have an itchy rash?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner has had an itchy and an uncomfortable rash on his hand for two weeks. What could it be? I have attached photographs.  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity) I can see grain like vesicles clustered on the palms and the sides of fingers. It seems like pompholyx i.e. dyshidrotic eczema. I suggest you apply a topical steroid e.g Clobetaso...  Read Full »