Q. Why do the hands have an itchy rash?

Dr. Sushil Kakkar
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 20, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 20, 2022

My partner has had an itchy and an uncomfortable rash on his hand for two weeks. I have attached photographs. What could it be?

#

I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity)

I can see grain like vesicles clustered on the palms and the sides of fingers.

It seems like pompholyx, that is dyshidrotic eczema.

I suggest you apply a topical steroid like Clobetasol propionate 0.05 % ointment twice daily.

In addition, I suggest you take an oral antihistamine like Cetirizine 10 mg tablet once every evening for symptomatic relief from itching. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicine.

|