Ectopic Pregnancy

When a fertilized egg gets attached anywhere outside of the uterus, it is called ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy in the fallopian tube is the most frequent occurrence. The symptoms include bleeding from the vagina and dull to sharp abdominal cramps.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why am I having pregnancy symptoms even after getting my tubes tied?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old old woman who is 5 feet 10 inches in height and 270 lbs by weight. I delivered my son and had a tubal ligation done. I also have been exclusively breastfeeding and pumping as needed this whole time. I have had bad nausea and severe aversions to food for the past two ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manwani Saloni Dilip

Answer: Hello, Welcome to So after having a tubal ligation, your chances of having an intrauterine pregnancy (failure of the procedure) are significantly less. An ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside the uterus) is more likely. It is surprising that your blood hCG (human chorionic gonadotropi...  Read Full »

What can cause huge blood clots, abdominal pain, and irregular periods?

Query: Hello doctor,My last period ended about three weeks ago. I have been spotting tiny clots on tissue when I wipe for the previous two days. Last night I started bleeding heavily and had to change clothes twice in the middle of the night. And I have been passing frequent and huge blood clots since then...  Read Full »

Dr. Manwani Saloni Dilip

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I would firstly recommend getting a urine pregnancy test as a failing pregnancy or an ectopic pregnancy could cause bleeding. Have your periods been regular? If your pregnancy test is negative, I suggest taking Tranexamic acid tablets to control bleeding. Consult your sp...  Read Full »

Please suggest some solutions for prolonged cramping during pregnancy.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old female, have cramping for more than three weeks, my pregnancy test came positive and I am not taking any medications. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Manisha Auradkar Raghunath Auradkar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. The cramps might or might not be related to your pregnancy. I suggest getting an ultrasound of the whole abdomen. It is the next best thing you should do. The pain can be due to different reasons. It is necessary to look for ectopic pregnancy. A...  Read Full »

I bled after having sex. Is it implantation bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old unmarried lady. Now, I am in a very panic period of stress and in seek of your advice. I had intercourse with my fiance on the first day of my periods and again after 20 days that is on my most fertile day. I got my periods 13 days later and it lasted for around three d...  Read Full »

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. As per your history it appears that you are not pregnant. You have not got delayed periods. As you have got periods after 13 days the possibility of implantation bleeding cannot be ruled out. Regarding pregnancy, the possibility is n...  Read Full »

I am experiencing abdominal and lower back pain after intercourse. Is it ectopic pregnancy or UTI?

Query: Hi doctor,I wanted to know about ectopic pregnancy as I suffered from it last year. I had intercourse with my partner last month, and the condom tore so precautionary I took an I-pill the following day. I got my period on my usual date. I have done several UPT at home, but all came negative. The ult...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepika Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to 1. First of all, if you had your period properly and at your usual time, it is highly unlikely that you have conceived, and even your UPT (urine pregnancy test) is also negative. 2. UPT is a sensitive test that can detect pregnancy after 14 days of intercourse. It ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for the miscarriage not to happen even after taking an abortion kit?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife's pregnancy test came positive. So, she had taken a Clear kit on the 20th. But, the period did not come. What to do? Can she take another Clear kit?  Read Full »

Dr. Vidya Muralidhar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Wait for two more days. If there is still no bleeding, consult a gynecologist. For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->  Read Full »

I am 21 days late, and pregnancy tests are negative. Why do I have abdominal pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My period is late by 21 days late. I got all the pregnancy tests done, but everything came back negative. I have lower left side pain, feel bloated on that side, back pain, and abdomen pain. I am 18 years old and weigh 170 lbs.  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I suggest you get beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test to rule out pregnancy and ectopic pregnancy with 100 % confidence. If negative, you should consider taking progesterone for withdrawal bleed and painkiller for pain. If beta hCG is positive, you need to go t...  Read Full »

Can I be pregnant while on birth control pills?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been on birth control for quite a while now. From yesterday, I started spotting and had the worst cramps I have ever had. Today, I continued with the spotting and cramps, and I started throwing up everything I ate. Is it possible that I could be pregnant?  Read Full »

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I presume the birth control that you mentioned is about oral contraceptives pills. Sometimes, it is not uncommon to have spotting while you are on pills, especially if you miss a few of your pills and start taking the rest again. At times, it is possible to have some ...  Read Full »

What can cause sudden excruciating lower abdomen pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My problems began three days ago. Suddenly I felt dizzy, had trouble keeping my balance, and everything turned yellow. I tried sitting down for a bit and standing up several times. My friend got concerned once he realized I was not overreacting. I suddenly felt the need to go to the bath...  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You are right to be concerned. From your symptoms, it could be a couple of things. 1) If you are sexually active or have had unprotected sex in the recent past, it is pretty likely that you may be having an ectopic that is tubal or even uterine pregnancy. The tubal e...  Read Full »

Why is my wife experiencing heavy bleeding with all other pregnancy symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife and I had sex one and a half months ago. We used the withdrawal method for contraception. After four weeks, she showed all the pregnancy symptoms including delayed period. Five weeks after the intercourse, she had heavy bleeding and it continued for four days. I think it was a...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to A negative pregnancy test rules out pregnancy. But, to be safe, you can get a serum beta hCG test done. A negative result will rule out any possibility of pregnancy. All the pregnancy symptoms can occur in the case of pregnancy in tubes, called as ectopic pregnancy, wh...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.