Elbow Fracture

Is the surgery for fracture advisable for an 80-year-old?

Query: Hi doctor, My grandmother is 80 years old. Her left side is paralyzed. She is incapable of holding or carrying any weight or exert pressure by her left arm for more than 15 years. Now, she met with a fracture in the same hand. I have attached the x-ray of her left arm. If the fracture and dislocat...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for posting your query along with the x-ray image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since the affected side is already paralyzed for more than 15 years, there is no point of going through extensive surgery of fixation of distal humerus in 80 year...  Read Full »

Why do I have numbness and pain after elbow fracture treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I had elbow fracture four years ago. Following which I have limited ROM and stiffness. Now, I am also experiencing numbness, tingling and pain in palm and fingers. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you sustained elbow fracture four years ago. Can you kindly furnish me information that what fracture was it actually and what management was done in your case at that time? Also, I would like to see, Latest clinical pictures of your elbow showing...  Read Full »

Does my X-ray show that both elbows are broken?

Query: Hello doctor,I fell off the bike. I took X-rays and the doctor is telling me that both elbows are broken. As a non-professional, I cannot see if it is really broken. I do not have any pain if I am not stretching the elbow too much. Are both elbows really broken? And if yes, do I have to wear the cas...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are fractures in both elbows but that is where a detailed description is needed (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If you look at the radial head and neck area (the bone in the elbow that is on the outside or thumb side and had a round appearance...  Read Full »