Q. Does my X-ray show that both elbows are broken?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I fell off the bike. I took X-rays and the doctor is telling me that both elbows are broken. As a non-professional, I cannot see if it is really broken. I do not have any pain if I am not stretching the elbow too much. Are both elbows really broken? And if yes, do I have to wear the cast for 2 to 3 weeks?

#

There are fractures in both elbows but that is where a detailed description is needed (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If you look at the radial head and neck area (the bone in the elbow that is on the outside or thumb side and had a round appearance at the top). Look carefully and trace the bone upwards towards the elbow joint and you will notice a subtle fracture which is in its place in both views or undisplaced.

You do not need a plaster. Only a sling and mobilize as pain allows. Ice the elbow for pain relief and some of the counter painkillers. Avoid wrenching and twisting activities for 3 to 4 weeks as they may be more painful.

For more information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|