Common "Endoscopy" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


An endoscopy is an imaging technique that inserts a flexible tube with a camera (endoscope) through a person's mouth to examine the gastrointestinal tract. It is used to confirm a diagnosis, as an investigation of symptoms, and to give treatments like cauterization of a bleeding vessel, clipping of a polyp, etc.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I recently started experiencing dull constant stomach ache in my upper central abdomen. What does it indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I have no known comorbidities. My height is 6 feet, and I weigh 174 lbs. I have generally been active in physical exercises. Two months back I started having a dull constant stomach ache in my upper central abdomen. Since then, my symptoms include not feeling too hungry, burping more t...  Read Full »

Dr. Ghulam Fareed

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. I have thoroughly reviewed your case history. There is a specific treatment for h.pylori dual antibiotics; for 14 days, the tablet Ciprofloxacin is not included in the H.pylori treatment regimen. For h.pylori treatment, I mentioned two antibi...  Read Full »

How can I get treated for my chronic belching?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38-year old male. 6 foot tall and weigh 230 pounds. I have had chronic belching for about a month. This is from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. Symptoms decrease when lying flat or sitting still. I belch every time I stand up or sit down. It is almost like a hiccu...  Read Full »

Dr. Ambalathu Veettil Hussain Shihaz

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through your query in detail. I would like a few more details about your belching. Do you have reflux symptoms (sour after taste, recently consumed food coming back to the throat on belching, or heartburn) or any vomiting? How are you opening your bowels?...  Read Full »

My mother is suffering from blockage due to a barium solution overdose. Is it life-threatening?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother started having internal bleeding two weeks back due to Pradaxa, which she was prescribed three weeks ago. In search of this internal bleed, my mother was asked to drink a gallon of bowel flushing solution. She drank two-thirds of the solution, but was told that she had not ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to According to the details given by you, thebarium was unable to reach her stomach. So, most likely her condition is called achalasia cardia. Achalasia is a serious condition that affects your esophagus. The lower esophageal sphincter is a valve that closes off the esopha...  Read Full »

Can an H. pylori infection that I had a month ago be the cause of my current abdominal pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old female, and I have been having upper abdominal pain for a while. I was treated for H.pylori infection with antibiotics a month ago. I ate something greasy, and I have been having chest pain and upper back pain after that. Kindly help me know the cause of my abdomi...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your differential diagnoses are acid peptic disease, gall bladder stone (cholelithiasis), and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Kindly help me know the following to help you better; 1) How severe is the pain? 2) Do you have any vomiting? 3) Is your pai...  Read Full »

While vomiting, I am getting some tissues along with the vomitus. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from vomiting, and when the vomit came out, with vomit some tissue also came out from my mouth. And now, I am feeling something held into my throat. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Erioli Braholli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to If you are suffering from vomiting for a long time, you should do some examinations and consult a gastroenterologist. A fibrogastroscopy (endoscopy of your upper gastrointestinal tract), is needed to determine the pathology. If you have had a history of intermittent ...  Read Full »

Will vocal cord cyst recur even after MLS surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife, aged 32, has to talk a lot due to her profession. She has been diagnosed with a vocal cord cyst. The doctor has recommended surgery. I want to know a few details. In this type of MLS, what is the success rate? Will the patient get normal voice after surgery? Can this cyst be m...  Read Full »

Dr. Bhadragiri Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thanks for briefing the problem in concern. I had a detailed look at the reports you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This does look like a vocal cord cyst. The success rate depends on various factors like the completeness of the resection by th...  Read Full »

I have voiding difficulties and increased bladder wall thickness. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My bladder wall is 0.27 inch wide, and my voiding is not good. Frequent ejaculation closes the voiding duct. The prostate is normal but has calcifications in the center. My sister has bladder issues too. Please help me, doctor. Thank you.   Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Vishal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to An increase in bladder wall thickness suggests obstruction in the flow of urine. Obstruction causes bladder muscle hypertrophy. You will need a physical examination and a cystoscopy test (it is an endoscopy to see for obstruction in the urethra and bladder from inside)...  Read Full »

How to differentiate between ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, My six year old daughter was born with tyrosinemia type 1. She had diarrhea and bloody stools for 10 days, a month back. She was tested for many things, and everything came back normal, except her calprotectin level was 1250 while she had loose and bloody stools. She was admitted and h...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have seen all the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). We see many tyrosinemias and IBD (irritable bowel disease) patients. In smaller children, it is sometimes difficult to differentiate between ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease. Cr...  Read Full »

My ECG shows RBBB, but no abnormality was found in echo. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. I am suffering from acidity problem and hypertension. My SGPT 107, SGOT 112, bilirubin 1.1 and fasting blood sugar 83 mg/dL. All other blood test reports like lipid profile and uric acid are normal. My USG report is normal. My ECG shows RBBB and no abnormality found in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which are quite acceptable. Liver enzyme up to three times of upper limit is fine. Your BMI (body mass index) also fine as it is less than 25. RBBB (right bundle branch block) is usually benign ...  Read Full »

What is the small wound in my voice box found during an endoscopy?

Query: Dear doctor I have some problem in my voice box according to endoscopy one small wound. I have sound problem from 2 years no pain in throat but some time I feel few bleeding from throat my sound is stop some time.  Read Full »

Dr. Bhadragiri Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! Thanks for providing a brief history. This looks like a vocal cord polyp. The primary treatment for this is excision of the lesion through microlaryngeal surgery or MLS done under general anaesthesia. The lesion looks non cancerous but looks can deceiving and hence make sure that this lesion onc...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.