Q. I have chest pains and a swollen lymph node under my jaw. What can it be?

Published on Sep 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have irregular heartbeats, chest pain, and pain under the ribs on both the sides. It is not exactly like pain, but more of a discomfort. Sometimes, I get a short stabbing pain either on the left or the right side under my ribs, and it also feels something is moving or gets squeezed at some points. I have had swollen lymph node under my jaw for six weeks, and it is now getting smaller. It was around 2 cm, and now it is less than 1 cm. I started coughing just a week ago and have yellowish white mucus, and I feel a drip at the back of my throat.

#

• The probable causes are:
  1. Strep throat.
  2. Pharyngeal gonorrhea.
  3. Tuberculous lymphadenitis, etc.
  • To come to a definite diagnosis, please consult a nearby physician.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank you for replying. I have no signs of gonorrhea. And I do not find any symptoms of tuberculosis as well. Can you please elaborate your answer?

#

• I am concerned about the lymphadenopathy in your neck and the squeezing chest pain type symptoms. Typically, the lymphadenopathy should be followed up in six weeks by a physician to document improvement and reduction in size.
  • The chest discomfort with lymphadenopathy makes few diagnosis more likely starting from simple respiratory infection to more intense differentials including atypical infections and or lymphoma.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

What is non-Hodgkin lymphoma?

Query: Hi doctor, What is non-Hodgkin lymphoma? What can cause NHL? Which age group is more commonly affected? Can NHL occur without any family history? Does all left supraclavicular (Virchow's node) node is associated with lymphoma? Can single small but persistent size of lymph node enough for NHL? Why m...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) is a group of lymphomas, which does not fall into the classification of Hodgkin's lymphoma. Anything which does not fit the criteria of Hodgkin's is NHL.NHL can be caused due to a viral infection like Epstein Barr Virus, radiation, immune-modify...  Read Full

May I know the set of tests to be done for gonorrhea and chlamydia?

Query: Hi doctor, Please explain the laboratory tests to be taken for gonorrhea and chlamydia. Is there any test other than urine and throat swab test? If I go for testing what should I ask? How much will it cost?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you not to worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full