Q. I have chest pains and a swollen lymph node under my jaw. What can it be?

Answered by Dr. Sadaf Mustafa and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Enlarged Lymph Node or Chest Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have irregular heartbeats, chest pain, and pain under the ribs on both the sides. It is not exactly like pain, but more of a discomfort. Sometimes, I get a short stabbing pain either on the left or the right side under my ribs, and it also feels something is moving or gets squeezed at some points. I have had swollen lymph node under my jaw for six weeks, and it is now getting smaller. It was around 2 cm, and now it is less than 1 cm. I started coughing just a week ago and have yellowish white mucus, and I feel a drip at the back of my throat.