Common "Lymphadenopathy" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Lymphadenopathy

A swollen or enlarged lymph node is most commonly due to an infection. Specific lymph nodes drain a particular region, and hence localized lymphadenopathy is also sit-specific. Some of the causes include tonsilitis, dental caries, flu, sinusitis, skin wounds, etc. In generalized lymphadenopathy, there is lymph node swelling in more than one region in cancer, sexually transmitted diseases, autoimmune disorders, etc. The lymph nodes become tender. Treating the infection resolves lymphadenopathy.