Lymphadenopathy

Please compare the CT reports taken for pulmonary sarcoidosis and explain.

Query: I have chronic pain with pulmonary sarcoidosis with possible bone involvement. Can you please explain the impressions from my recent FDG PET/CT? Impression: 1. Comparing to the FDG PET/CT done before 8 years, metabolic and anatomic improvement in scattered multiple pulmonary nodules and the medias...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in to us. The FDG PET CT findings are compared to a previous scan done before 8 years. 1. In the recent scan, the previous lung nodules have become calcified and there is an improvement in the chest findings when compared to the previous scan. There is also mention of incre...  Read Full »

There are pain and swelling in sublingual and submandibular area. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My sister, a 15-year-old female patient complains of intermittent pain on R sublingual area and neck (submandibular area) graded 6/10 at rest and aggravated when eating to 8/10. Past medical history: She developed fever recently and was diagnosed with UTI and was given cough remedy....  Read Full »

Dr. Rohan S. Navelkar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is 23 days now since the infection started, that is quite a long time. Her chief complaint is pain in the submandibular and sublingual region which can happen due to tonsillitis as well as infection of the salivary gland which is located in that region. Typically the...  Read Full »

Will a long term enlarged lymph node be a cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35-years-old female. Four years ago, I got a bad flu and I felt horrible pain around my neck. When I put my hand on my neck I found two small balls one on my right side and one on my left side. My doctor said it is because of the flu and I got one pack antibiotic. After one mon...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ii understand your concern. After going through your elaborate history, it appears that you have had cervical lymphadenopathy secondary to the flu you had four years back. Lymph nodes are basically the policemen of the human body, they are the first to get inflamed ...  Read Full »

Are rash and lymph node swelling after oral sex signs of ARS?

Query: Hi doctor,I gave oral sex to a man, whose HIV status was unknown, six weeks ago. I have now rash under both armpits and a swollen lymph node in my neck. I am attaching pictures of the rash and the lymph node. Could this be ARS?  Read Full »

Dr. Sushma Shah

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Oral sex has the least possibility of ARS (acute retroviral syndrome). I do not think you have ARS. Do you have dandruff or an earache or a toothache? Do you have a history of a cold or a...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for inguinal lymphadenopathy.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 55 year old male. I am suffering from inguinal lymphadenopathy. 2 years ago I have this on right side and now on left side. There is a square shallow knot present on the right side now. I have stiffness and rigidity especially in the left arm and occasional limited movements. Also...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I assure you not to worry as all things may get settled with proper care and follow-up.  Read Full »

I have swollen lymphnodes everywhere in the body. Is it cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had swollen lymph nodes for over 1.5 years. I have gone through scans and viruses blood test, which resulted negative (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I have them everywhere I can feel. Neck, groin, armpits, chest and even on my face. What are the chances it is...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Generalized lymphadenopathy cannot always be due to cancer. However, lymphoma blood cancer is one of the cause for that. I suggest you investigate with biopsy of grossly visible enlarged lymph nodes or FNAC scan to identify the cause for enlarged node. If you have ly...  Read Full »

What causes white tongue with swollen lymphnodes?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend has white tongue since 20 days, used probiotics from 10 days but problem did not solve. But no sore throat and no discomfort while eating anything. He feels lymph nodes near right side of neck, back side of ear and near arm ankle from last one week. Got some pimples on his f...  Read Full »

Dr. Ohams Henry

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. White patches on the tongue can be oral thrush caused by candida albicans seen in severe imunosupression especially stage 3 or 4. Pain on swallowing can be from involvement of the larynx and oesophagus of the thrush seen in stage four. Persistent lymph node is also comm...  Read Full »

Why is there lymph node enlargement under chin and groin in a child?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year-old female child has mild lymph node enlargement under the chin and groin. She had a fever. Her weight is 8 kg. Peripheral smear showed mild degree aniso-poikilocytosis. Her hemoglobin is 12. She has a minimal fullness of renal pelvic calyceal system (USG). Is there anything...  Read Full »

Dr. Koushik Mukherjee

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Recurrent fever with lymphadenopathy sometimes indicates chronic infection like tuberculosis. If ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) is normal and the fever subsides, this may be a remote possibility. A mild fullness of pelvicalyceal system sometimes indicates mild obs...  Read Full »

Why is there a swollen lump present on my left side of the neck?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small swollen lump on the left side of my neck. I do not feel sick. But I feel like I have a fever and headache. My teeth look fine, and I do not have sensitivity. Can I have an infection in my teeth?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern. Yes, as per your history, you may have a dental infection or an ear problem on the same side. You need to upload a picture of your teeth so that I can conclude it. There can also be a dangerous lesion asso...  Read Full »

What is the cause for persistent swollen lymph nodes with fever?

Query: Hello doctor, I have swollen lymph in my neck for the past two months, dry cough for three months, on and off a fever in the evening, headache, vague, abdominal pain and muscle pain.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query and I understand your concerns. Persistent swollen lymph node requires tissue biopsy (sampling) as it could represent serious conditions especially if painless. Can you estimate the size? Is it painful? Is it single or multiple? The possible cau...  Read Full »