Epidural Anesthesia

Which is the recommended anesthesia for uterine polyp removal, spinal or epidural?

Query: Hello doctor, My gynecologist removed most of a polyp in her office with a local anesthetic and NSAID shot. However bits are still attached to the uterine wall because she was afraid of puncturing wall if I move. I had a colonoscopy with Propofol and had only had a bit of dizziness when I stood u...  Read Full »

Dr. Sukhdev Garg

Anesthesiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your query, your surgery can be done under spinal or epidural anesthesia. It is a much safer option than general anesthesia. You will be pain-free for hours after surgery. You will be absolutely awake during surgery and will not be able to move your legs ev...  Read Full »

Can epidural anesthesia cause sciatica, neuralgia and migraines?

Query: Hello doctor, 12 years ago I gave birth to my first baby. I was healthy when I walked in and then, not even for a single day I felt well. When I was given my epidural, my heart rate shot up to 150 and you could see it beating from the outside. They took it out and replaced it. The anesthesiologist ...  Read Full »

Dr. Yatish Anant Jadhav

Anesthesiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Maybe unintentionally epidural needle must have hit a blood vessel in epidural space and so needle was withdrawn and reinserted in order to place it in epidural space avoiding blood vessel. Hypotension in pregnancy may be caused by supine hypotension syndrome and also due...  Read Full »