Erysipelas

Redness and tenderness in nipple with a bump under skin. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small area of redness and tenderness above and around the top of my left nipple. It is painful to touch and has a small bump under the skin (not a superficial, but a few layers under). The lump is quite hard. We were recently swimming in freshwater rivers and ocean, and hiking i...  Read Full »

Dr. Magesh T

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like erysipelas, that is called the superficial skin infection. It would be helpful if you have had any recent laboratory investigations, complete blood count analysis ESR CRP that would be very helpful. I will advise you to apply Mupirocin ointment twice daily...  Read Full »