Evening Primrose Oil

Can thyroid problem cause excessive hair fall?

Query: Hi doctor, I have thyroid issues for the past three years. I got this when I was pregnant. I am taking Thyronorm 75 mcg tablet for the last three months. Recently, I have done the thyroid test and my T3 and T4 are normal and TSH is very low. It shows less than 0.01. What does it indicate? First, I w...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This appears to be due to over treatment or iatrogenic hyperthyroidism. Here is a list of symptoms experienced due to over treatment. They are tachycardia, palpitations, nervousness, tiredness, headache, excitability, sleeplessness, tremors, anxiety and heat intolerance. ...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe breast pain after every ovulation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female, and my LMP was on 21st of last month. My periods usually last for five days, and I take Triolmezest 40 for hypertension. After every ovulation (10th day), I have severe breast pain till the periods start. I just have sore breasts and no other problems. I took Py...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We need to do a breast examination and a breast scan to rule out any fibroadenoma. This generally causes pain in breasts especially nearing cycles. Consult a gynecologist or a surgeon personally for an examination. You may also try evening Primrose supplements to reduc...  Read Full »

I am having excruciating pain in the right breast. Could it be a cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a mammogram done a few weeks ago. I am having excruciating pain in my right breast. It hurts when I move, or lie down to reach up any movement or touch of that breast and It makes me sick to my stomach. I have had a kind of loss of appetite. I got a callback and the person who did...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most probably, it will be fibroadenosis. Fibroadenosis is a condition seen during perimenopausal periods and characterized by lumps and severe pain in the breast. Probably he must have seen those lumps, which is an expected finding. Cancer, most of the time, is painless. ...  Read Full »