Q. Can thyroid problem cause excessive hair fall?

Answered by Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hairfall or Tsh Level? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have thyroid issues for the past three years. I got this when I was pregnant. I am taking Thyronorm 75 mcg tablet for the last three months. Recently, I have done the thyroid test and my T3 and T4 are normal and TSH is very low. It shows less than 0.01. What does it indicate? First, I was on 50 mcg and before three months I started 75 mcg as the TSH was approximately 6 at that time. Please explain.