Q. Why does my palm sweat a lot?

Published on May 10, 2016

My palm sweats a lot. Also my skin is too sensitive and gets tanned. How to get rid of it? Why there is a sudden growth of hair on my face?

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have read your concern.

• You have palmar hyperhidrosis.
  • Hyperhidrosis may be idiopathic and primary, which means no cause can be rule out or secondary to other diseases such as metabolic disorders like endocrine diseases such as diabetes mellitus and hyperthyroidism.
  • Diagnostic criteria of primary hyperhidrosis is excessive sweating of six months or more in duration, with 4 or more of the following site involving axillae, palms, soles, facial bilateral and symmetric.
  • In your case it seems that you are suffering from primary palmer hyperhidrosis.
  • Get investigation done such as blood sugar, T3 (triiodothyronine), T4 (thyroxine) and TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) level.
  • Regarding treatment, Alclor (20% Aluminum chloride hexahydrate in absolute anhydrous Ethyl alcohol).
  • For best result, a thin layer of Alclor solution should be applied on the affected area as the last thing before retiring to the bed at night, where it should be left for six to eight hours.
  • The skin should be thoroughly washed in the morning. After daily application of a few weeks, the frequency of use may be reduced to alternate nights or even once or twice a week as needed.

Review after few weeks to a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Which antidepressant is less likely to cause hyperhidrosis?

Query: Hello doctor,Every antidepressant I take causes me a lot of hyperhidrosis. Which one on the market is less likely to cause hyperhidrosis? Fluoxetine?  Read Full »

Excessive Sweating and Its Remedies

Article Overview: This article focuses on the causes and management of excessive sweating localized to certain areas of body. Read Article

Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating is one of the common disorders of sweat glands. It can trouble to the extent that one feels professional embarrassment while shaking hands and the individual usually avoids touching, which can lead to social seclusion or other symptoms of social anxiety disorders....  Read Article

Can homeopathy help with medicine induced hyperhidrosis?

Query: Hi doctor,If a patient gets hyperhidrosis due to medications such as antidepressants and stimulants, will exercising help? Does it lower the sweating? Or will make it worse? Can homeopathy assist on this issue? Thank you in advance.  Read Full »