Q. Why does my palm sweat a lot?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

My palm sweats a lot. Also my skin is too sensitive and gets tanned. How to get rid of it? Why there is a sudden growth of hair on my face?

#

I have read your concern.

• You have palmar hyperhidrosis.
  • Hyperhidrosis may be idiopathic and primary, which means no cause can be rule out or secondary to other diseases such as metabolic disorders like endocrine diseases such as diabetes mellitus and hyperthyroidism.
  • Diagnostic criteria of primary hyperhidrosis is excessive sweating of six months or more in duration, with 4 or more of the following site involving axillae, palms, soles, facial bilateral and symmetric.
  • In your case it seems that you are suffering from primary palmer hyperhidrosis.
  • Get investigation done such as blood sugar, T3 (triiodothyronine), T4 (thyroxine) and TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) level.
  • Regarding treatment, Alclor (20% Aluminum chloride hexahydrate in absolute anhydrous Ethyl alcohol).
  • For best result, a thin layer of Alclor solution should be applied on the affected area as the last thing before retiring to the bed at night, where it should be left for six to eight hours.
  • The skin should be thoroughly washed in the morning. After daily application of a few weeks, the frequency of use may be reduced to alternate nights or even once or twice a week as needed.

Review after few weeks to a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|