Q. Suggest ayurvedic treatment for vision problems and fibrocystic mastopathy.

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Published on Nov 06, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 61 years old and I am 165 cm. I weigh 55 kg. I was found to have the small formation of microcalcinates in the left mammary gland. It was operated and cancer was not found. Diagnosis after surgery was fibrocystic mastopathy. Could you recommend treatment for preventing this problem in the future? In addition, I have a problem with the retina of the right eye.  I am currently on Enalapril, Aspirin, Lutein Complex (for eyes), Isotine Eye Drop, and urea and blood test are normal. Please, could you recommend ayurvedic therapy to at least suspend the process and improve my vision? Currently, in the right eye I am -5/5 and on the left I am -5. Kindly suggest ayurvedic treatment.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

• In order to prevent fibrocystic mastopathy, I suggest you take tablet Aloes Compound one tablet in the morning and one in the evening after food. This can be continued lifelong. The main ingredient is the aloe vera. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent.
  • If you get any other form of aloe vera in your area, you can use that as well.
  • To improve your vision, I suggest you take Phyllanthus niruri (gale of the wind) and Aegle marmelos (Indian bael) leaf are the two herbs that need to be consumed orally daily as a rejuvenator for eyes and neurons. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent.
  • To improve eye vision, you need to do the Trāṭaka and eye yoga exercise. This practice must be done at least daily once empty stomach either morning or evening to improve your vision. 

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

| 

What is causing vision problems in both the eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached the scan reports of my aunt. She is 54 years old, diabetic, and hypertensive. She is on medication to control sugar and BP. She had an eye surgery before one year for some nerve problem in one of her eyes. The reason given by the ophthalmologist was diabetes. Now, her comp...  Read Full »

How does yoga help senior citizens?

Query: Hi doctor, What are the health benefits and trends for yoga for senior citizens? Are there studios that have classes or professionals that cater to this demographic? Why choose yoga over other forms of fitness and stretching?  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now