Eye Muscle Overaction

I am not able to focus both my eyes on a single point. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, When I look towards my left, I can use either left eye or right eye. I am unable to focus both the eyes on a single point. Also, When I move my eyes towards left, my left eyeball goes little upward than the right. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a very distressing situation being not able to focus both of the eyes at a single point at a time. This is a situation known as squint. It is because of fusion abnormality when the image from both the eyes is not formed at a single point on the retina. At first, g...  Read Full »

Why do my pupils constrict when I get nystagmus, despite being in total darkness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I suffer from very rapid up-beating and sometimes down-beating nystagmus, which exclusively occurs in the absence of visual stimulation. That is with my eyes closed and Frenzel goggles on. When the nystagmus occurs quite intensely, my eyes will bounce under my ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. I would like to inform you that in vestibular migraines, there is overstimulation of sympathetic system, which is responsible for contraction of the pupil despite being in total darkness. In other words, it is a sign of sam...  Read Full »