Q. Why am I not able to focus both the eyes on a single point?

Dr. Shikha
Published on Jul 06, 2016

When I look towards my left, I can use either left eye or right eye. I am unable to focus both the eyes on a single point. Also, When I move my eyes towards left, my left eyeball goes little upward than the right. Please help.

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• This is a very distressing situation being not able to focus both of the eyes at a single point at a time.
  • This is a situation known as squint. It is because of fusion abnormality when the image from both the eyes is not formed at a single point on the retina.
  • At first, get your refraction done and get it corrected.
  • Both the eye muscles try to focus at a point as long as the muscle gets fatigue. So, the symptoms increase as the day progresses.
  • As you told your eye gets up and outwards, this occurs because of inferior oblique muscle overaction.
  • Based on your symptoms, it is a very early stage of squint. Try to get your refraction corrected as soon as possible.
  • I would like to know if you have suffered any type of trauma recently.

Revert back with the answer to the above question to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

My age is 26. I have crossed eyes/squint eyes. Suggest me any solution.

Query: Hi, My age is 26 years. I have crossed eyes problem. Can it be brought back to normal by a surgery?  Read Full »

After removing the spectacles, the eyes look crossed. How to correct them?

Query: Hello doctor, My 1-1/2 year old daughter is diagnosed with accommodative esotropia (crossed eye) and is recommended to wear glasses. And she has been wearing them for a month now. But, when I remove the glasses, the eyes still look crossed. But, looks fine when she wears the glasses. Is there a s...  Read Full »

I fear that my ptosis and strabismus cannot be corrected. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old. I am working in software field. I do have problems of ptosis and strabismus in my left eye since birth. I am not able to see with this eye until I forcefully close my right (dedicated) eye. I got operated for ptosis when I was 11, and it got recovered a lot. But,...  Read Full »