Ferrous Sulfate

Why is my stomach making a lot of loud noises?

Query: Hi doctor, My stomach makes a lot of loud noises even though I am not hungry. I have anemia and when I started to take Ferrous sulfate, my stomach noises begin again. I remember that eventually, I started to feel pain along with it. So my doctor adviced me to stop taking the medicine for a month un...  Read Full »

Dr. A V Hussain Shihaz

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Some people do have rumbling noise in the tummy. Is there any associated nausea or vomiting or abdominal distension? Have you lost weight? How is your appetite? You have not mentioned the reason for your taking Ferrous fumarate? What was the cause of your anemia? Was thes...  Read Full »

Can you see the attached CBC report, and let me know if there is anything serious ?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife's iron and ferritin were low, so the doctor ordered CBC. CBC showed low WBC, high monocytes, and high RBC, which is what made us scared. She has schistocytes and elliptocytes among other RBC morphologies. We read about it and are very worried, and she had a C-section three years...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your wife's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The report shows schistocytes, which are fragmented RBC (red blood cell), commonly seen in hemolytic anemia. So, to rule out hemolysis, serum LDH (lactate dehydrogenase), ret...  Read Full »

My wife's fitness certificate was put on hold due to low hemoglobin. Can she travel abroad?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife went for a master health checkup. Her fitness certificate was put on hold due to low hemoglobin and other blood test parameters. Her hemoglobin was 8 g/dL, ESR was 25, hematocrit was 26.8, MCV was 62.3, MCH was 18.8, MCHC was 30.0, and RDW was 21.4 %. Can you please chec...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your wife has microcytic hypochromic anemia. The common causes of microcytic hypochromic anemia are iron-deficiency anemia, sideroblastic anemia, thalassemia minor, and anemia of chronic ...  Read Full »

What are the possible reasons for my terrible headache?

Query: Hi doctor,I am an 18 year old girl. My height is 5'7" (171 cm), and weight is 135 pounds. Around five months back, I started becoming extremely fatigued and had occasional headaches. As headache was not often and not bad enough, I never really thought much about it. The fatigue was the worst part. I...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most probably it is a tension headache, even if you do not have any apparent stress or anxiety. It is a most common type of a headache. How much is your hemoglobin? Is it low? If yes, then it needs to be corrected, and it can very well be a cause. Secondly, do you have an...  Read Full »

From the reports, kindly tell me if I need to take any supplements.

Query: Hi doctor, I feel very tired in the evenings. So, I got a medical checkup done, and I need to understand if everything is fine. Do I need to take any supplements? If yes, kindly tell me the names of the medicines. I am attaching my reports, and I am currently taking tablet Losar H and Stamlo for hy...  Read Full »

Dr. Medhun Kumar

General Practitioner, General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history, general condition, and your investigation reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I will need few additional information like, since when do you have your symptoms? When did you start taking the hypertension medicines?...  Read Full »

Is there any serious problem in my blood test report?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a male, who weighs 49 kg and I am 5.6 feet tall. I got my blood test done, and the report showed that my TLC is 5800, neutrophils is 80, lymphocytes are 17, monocytes is 2, hemoglobin is 9.1 g/dL, PCV is 27, total RBC is 3.8, and platelets is 2.3 lakhs. Is there any serious probl...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the history provided, the neutrophils count is slightly high, and hemoglobin level is low. Low hemoglobin can be from nutritional anemia, which includes iron-deficiency anemia as well. So, get your serum ferritin and TIBC (total iron binding capacity) tested...  Read Full »

Why do I have some weird urge to move my legs at night?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old and struggling with my health right now. I went to doctor and he asked me to get certain tests. I have been vomiting since four months, but most of the time while travelling in the metro. Though I have been traveling through metro since many years, never faced such probl...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would be helpful to know where exactly your abdominal pain is located. If you upload a picture while pointing towards it will be very much helpful. Do you vomit up each time you have the abdominal pain or they can happen at two separate times as well? Do you have bl...  Read Full »