Q. What should be done when a 5-year-old has a fever of 102° with TLC 16700?

Answered by Dr. Dr Amit Modi Modi and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Fever or High Tlc? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My son is having a fever of 102°. He is 5 years and 4 months old. Since last two days, his temperature is not reducing. We have given Ibuprofen plus paracetamol syrup. Tablet Zedocef (100) DT 1 tablet twice a daily for five days after food. Syprup Ondem 5 ml thrice daily 1/2 hour before food, syrup Ibuprofen, paracetamol 7.5 ml 6 hours once after food. We tested his blood, but there was no malaria or typhoid. But his TLC is 16700. He is not taking any food, but sometimes he drinks ORS. So suggest us what to do?