Can a Crohn's patient take Nutrigain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from Crohn's disease and would like to try nutrigain. Please advice if there are any side effects.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nutrigain is a supplement which contains Ashwagandha and Shatavari. Research works have claimed that both these are very much helpful in gaining weight. If we believe that the composition described by the company is true and does not include any steroids or ot...  Read Full »

Can a CT scan miss appendicitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I was in an emergency last night because of 48 hours of pain that moved to my right lower abdomen. Also, I am not eating, and I have severe diarrhea if I do. They said my white blood cells were a bit elevated. The CT scan without contrast did not show an inflamed appendix. Now it is the...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.CT scan could not miss a case of appendicitis unless the medical personnel who viewed the CT scan were not qualified enough for correct interpretation of the scan.However, the other causes of right lower abdomen pain may be any one of the following. It could be due to irrit...  Read Full »

How to reduce calprotectin in Crohn's disease naturally?

Query: Hello doctor, How to reduce calprotectin for Crohn's disease naturally? My cousin has been diagnosed with Crohn's disease three months back. Earlier, he had diarrhea, but now he is more controlled with foods, and there are no symptoms. But the calprotectin test resulted as 305 ug/g. His ESR and CRP...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It is very common to high level of calprotectin in stool. Because Calprotectin is a protein released by a neutrophil during inflammation in gastrointestinal tract. Crohn's disease is an inflammatory condition that is why Calprotectin i...  Read Full »

I notice some blood and mucus in my stools. Does it indicate Crohn's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, One month ago, I had bloody diarrhea, fever, and fatigue. Doctor tested stool for bacteria but found nothing. Bloody diarrhea and diarrhea eventually went away. I am feeling a lot better now. However, some symptoms concern me. My stomach and intestines keep making gurgling and growlin...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. See following an infection of Intestine (that is what you had initially), and there occurs some damage to the digestive and absorptive capacity of the Intestine. This leads to indigestion and malabsorption of food that you consume. But the presence of blood is of bit...  Read Full »

What causes mucus and blood in stools?

Query: Hi doctor, When I am using the restroom, I saw bloody mucus in my stool. What does it mean? Recently, I suffered with diarrhea and black stools. I had treatment for diarrhea and having bloody mucus in stools. Currently, I am taking gastric tablets and medicines to control diarrhea.  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern and worry about the severity of the situation. Loose stool along with increased frequency of stool (6 to7 times per day), mucus and occasional episodes of bleeding suggest inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis or Crohn's dise...  Read Full »

I am getting lower right side abdomen pain while walking and standing for a long time. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 31 years old 5ft 11" in height and weight 24 stone. I have been getting lower right side abdomen pain for the past few months, and it usually starts after walking or standing for a long time. Today the pain has got worse, and I also have lower back pain. I suffered from Crohn's d...  Read Full »

Dr. Abeer

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history suggests the relationship between Crohn's disease and lower right abdominal pain. Gut resection causes this kind of symptom as the overall function is compromised. A post-surgical follow-up visit to the surgeon would be helpful to see whether urinary bla...  Read Full »

How to differentiate between ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, My 6 year old daughter was born with tyrosinemia type 1. She had diarrhea and bloody stools for 10 days, a month back. She was tested for many things, and everything came back normal, except her calprotectin level was 1250 while she had loose and bloody stools. She was admitted and h...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). We see many tyrosinemias and IBD (irritable bowel disease) patients. In smaller children, it is sometimes difficult to differentiate between ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease....  Read Full »

Is my lower abdominal pain pointing towards Crohn's disease?

Query: Hi doctor, I had severe abdominal pain with diarrhea a month back. The next day pain subsided, but slight discomfort was there for two weeks. Then, I went to see the doctor who prescribed Flagyl and Rifamixin. The lower abdominal discomfort did not disappear and the stool has not formed yet. Then r...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and post, the thing which is favoring Crohn's disease is normal biopsy colonoscopy. You need to do ASCA (anti-saccharomyces cerevisiae antibodies) and a CT enterography. Your CRP (C-reactive ...  Read Full »

I am a crohn's disease patient. Can I take ayurvedic medicines?

Query: Hi, I am a crohn's disease patient and now my ESR level is 70 and CRP positive. I am taking pentasa 1g twice (morning and evening) and also 150mg of azoran (immunity suppressant tablet) in the morning alone. Today I visited an ayurvedic doctor to start ayurvedic treatment and he gave me medicine ind...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Crohn's disease is an autoimmune disease, in which our own immune system tries to act against our body tissues. With this concept, allopathy physicians give drugs to suppress immunity, thus no action against our body tissue. This is the way of allopathy treatment. These...  Read Full »

Redness and cut like lesions in groin immediately after sex. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Redness and cut like lesions on groin immediately after sex. I noticed burning and irritation immediately after sex. I do not know if it is herpes or just skin irritation from contact or friction.  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are fissures, usually in groin area infection can present in the form of fissures and cuts. Other causes can be Crohn disease but your complaint is acute one so most probably this is an infection. Do not worry, it will get better with proper medication and treatme...  Read Full »