Flu Vaccine

How to prevent sinusitis, dry nose and shivering during winters?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a recurring ailment that I usually get once or twice per winter. It starts with extreme shivering and overheating, but no fever. Day two usually involves a very dry nose, very low energy, and heightened sensitivity to touch or light. Days 3 to 5 usually involve more traditional...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most of these attacks start as a viral infection and then become complicated by bacterial infection. These attacks are hard to be prevented completely but the use of seasonal influenza vaccines are helpful and can decrease the number of the attacks. Flu vaccines are tak...  Read Full »

Is it a must to get an annual flu vaccine shot every year for a child?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a few doubts regarding annual flu vaccine. Is it a must to get an annual vaccine shot every year? Is it mandatory for kids? What will be the effect if we miss the dose a year? As all the doctors are not suggesting the vaccine, I am confused whether should I get it for my 5-year-ol...  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Flue vaccines are annual because every season there is change is strains of Virus. WHO notify six monthly which strain to be used for next shot. It is not a mandatory vaccine, but it is optional. I usually recommend to my patients if they hav...  Read Full »