Fluoroquinolone

Would Besivance clear my eye infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27-year-old male. Recently, in a strip club. I fingered a dancer. I do not remember if I touched my eyes after that or not. About a week later, my eyes became red and watery. I went to an ophthalmologist and was prescribed a course of Besivance (Besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension)...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We cannot rule out chlamydia conjunctivitis. It usually happens from secretions of genitalia as in your case. We usually prescribe fluoroquinolone antibiotic. Besivance is also fluoroquinolone. This should help you. Ideally, we take a conjunctival swab and culture i...  Read Full »

A puncture wound in foot developed an infection. Are Fluoroquinolones necessary?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 62-year-old male. A puncture wound in the ball of my foot developed an infection. I have had two surgeries to clean the wound out but a localized Mycobacterium fortuitum or peregrinum infection has developed. One of the surgeries was left open to drain. I have been on a course ...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post, you have two questions one are quinolones important for treating your infection the answer is yes and these drugs are a cornerstone in treating your infection. Yes, they cause insomnia in 4 % of patients and tremors. The solution is taken i...  Read Full »

Other than earwax, what can cause clogged ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I had cold a few days ago. During that time, my ear was clogged. I originally thought that it was earwax, but I tried everything for earwax and it did not help. It has been a few days now and I am trying to find out what might be wrong. Please help.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. During an upper respiratory tract infection, like cold, the infection can rise up to ears through the eustachian tube that connects back of nose to middle ear. That is what has happened to you during the cold. It is called eustachian tube catarrh. You need a course of ...  Read Full »