Folate

Can Orofer XT be used for low Hb levels?

Query: Hi doctor, I was prescribed with tablet Fersolate, which is not available, for the low HB levels. I am attaching the reports. Can I replace it with Orofer XT? If yes, please tell the dosage.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can replace it with Orofer XT (Folic acid and Ferrous Ascorbate). It is a perfect drug for iron deficiency anemia as it contains Ferrous Ascorbate. Initially, you can take this tablet two times a day. Then after a few days, you can replace it with a once daily ...  Read Full »

Recommended dose of Folic acid while planning for pregnancy

Query: Hi doctor, I am an epileptic patient and currently on Lamictal 200 mg twice a day. I am planning for pregnancy. I would like to know the dosage of Folic acid I should start.  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you tablet Folvite 5 mg of Folic acid one tablet per day. The recommended dose of folic acid is a controversial topic. Various doctors favor 1 mg to 5 mg per day. The best part is that the Folic acid has no side effects. It is a water-soluble vitamin and an ex...  Read Full »

B12 supplement along with folic acid

Query: Hi doctor, I took a blood test and found out that there is a folic acid deficiency. What is the standard dose taken for the folic acid deficiency? Should I have to take a B12 supplement along with it? If so, what is the dosage?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For folic acid deficiency, you can take a dose of 5 mg per day for three months. For vitamin B12 deficiency, you can take Mecobalamine 500 mcg once a day for three months. Did you test for vitamin D deficiency?  Read Full »