Formoterol

Will Forocort help in chest tightness and acute bronchitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 44 years old. I got flu symptoms two years back and after two weeks of slight chest pain. So my doctor prescribed Foracort 200 with Montair LC. Then in a few days, I got cured. Now, I have chest tightness and mucus but not much cough, no fever, and no running nose. It is looking lik...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakaran Selvam

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Sonologist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With history, I would suggest a few medicines for cold. Treatment: 1) Tablet. Augmentin 625 1-0-1 X 5 days. 2) Tablet Pulmoclear 1-0-1 X 5 days. 3) Tablet Montek-LC 0-0-1 X 3 days. 4) Foracort 200 twice daily for 10 days and you can stop. Kindly take t...  Read Full »

What causes chest tightness, throat itchiness, and the feeling of something stuck in the throat?

Query: I'm a 23 years old female. For almost a month i've been experiencing thightness of chest, itchiness of throat and i feel there is something stuck at my throat. I am currently taking zykast for the itchiness of the throat. I also have a health history of asthma and allergies.  Read Full »

Dr. Gauri Gadge

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq. As you have mentioned, you are worried about your symptoms. Considering your history and previous symptoms, you may be having asthma as well as pharyngitis, at present. I would still advise you some investigations to confirm the diagnosis. And, if you are suffering fro...  Read Full »

Can I use Maxiflo 250 inhaler for asthma instead of the Seroflo 250 inhaler?

Query: Hi, firstly i would like to thank for this wonderful and a very helpful service of online consultation. My query is, i have been using inhaler Cipla serflo 250 from almost 6 years as i am an asthama patient as its a hereditary thing that i have, but as i am in a foreign country at the moment and my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Tanmai Yermal (jain)

Internal Medicine Physician, Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, welcome to icliniq. I have gone through your query and can understand your concern and problem due to corona pandemic. But I need to know some more details about your present problem. Do you use an inhaler everyday or just when you get wheezing or breathing discomfort? How frequently do y...  Read Full »

Can smoking aggravates my asthmatic episode?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old and asthmatic. I weigh around 56 kg. My asthma is not severe and it is seasonal asthma and only happens during season change. Lately, my asthma is not going away I did a myteka and fexet course along an antibiotic course. I do use Ventolin inhaler which gives me reli...  Read Full »

Dr. Gauri Gadge

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can see that you are worried about your asthma. Let us start from scratch. Firstly, let us confirm your diagnosis of asthma and because you are having symptoms now it is the best time to perform spirometry. Secondly, for asthma, you have to use inhalational medication f...  Read Full »

What causes persistent chest congestion?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 5 years old. He is dealing with continuous chest congestion and coughing with change in season. Doctor suggested Foracort 100 for two to three months with two shots in the morning and two at night after using nebulization Levolin 1.25 mg and Budecort 1 mg in the past for ches...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First off all I would suggest you to carry out chest x-ray and complete blood count to rule out lung infection like bronchitis. Foracort is a combination of Budesonide, a corticosteroid and anti-inflammatory and Formoterol, a long-acting bronchodilator, used to ...  Read Full »

Is Foracort inhaler safe?

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from bronchitis. Should I use Foracort inhaler before or after the workout? Does Foracort inhaler cleanse the lungs? How does Foracort work on lungs? What are the side effects?  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you rightly said, Foracort inhaler (combination of Budesonide and Formoterol) is advised for asthmatic bronchitis. It must be taken before any workout. This kind of inhaler controls the inflammation in the airways and widens its caliber. So on long term use, your as...  Read Full »

Please suggest an alternate tablet for Montair LC.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old male. I have breathing problem for the past eight to 10 years. I develop breathing difficulty during the humid or warm seasons like July to September, for which I take Montair LC once every two days at night-time. Sometimes, if I forget and I experience breathlessnes...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneel Mukati

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history suggests that you have seasonal bronchial asthma. For confirmation, get the chest X-ray and spirometry done. An Asthalin inhaler alone will not be helpful. I suggest you take Fluticasone, alone or in combination with Formoterol (Formoflo 250). A...  Read Full »

Is there any permanent solution for wheezing and dust allergy?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 31 years old.  I have a history of eosinophilia and dust allergy since the age of 12 years.  The onset of eosinophilia and dust allergy has become more frequent since I moved to Bangalore (5-6 years).  Sometimes I suffer wheezing, running nose and watery eyes.  Since, last two...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to say that bronchial asthma or allergic bronchitis is just controllable and not completely curable. Following are the answers for your questions: 1. You should avoid Glemont-F. Reserve it only for acute exacerbations. Try to control your problem with inhale...  Read Full »

Is lupus causing all my symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 44 year old female, and I have been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus, and Sjogren's syndrome, with symptoms dating back to as young as six years old. I have also been diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension, thyroiditis, Raynaud disease, right-sided heart enlargeme...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diagnosis of asthma is doubtful as pulmonary issues are seen in conditions you are already suffering from like SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus) and rheumatoid arthritis. Basically, the right term for you is MCTD (mixed connective tissue disease), which are associa...  Read Full »

Is it safe to use tablet Montair-LC daily for asthma?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from asthma for the past five years. I am taking Montair LC daily for the last four years. If I do not take it, then I have to take the inhaler daily. The inhaler I use is Foracort 400 rotacaps. Is it safe to use Montair LC daily? I have been using it daily for the last t...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Asthma is a chronic disease affecting the airways. The treatment of asthma usually runs for a long time. Treatment of asthma usually consists of two types of inhalers. One called as presenters, which needs to be taken daily and other is a reliever, which needs to be t...  Read Full »