Q. Is there any permanent solution for wheezing and dust allergy?

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Wheezing or Inhaled Steroids? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hello Doctor,

• I am 31 years old. 
  • I have a history of eosinophilia and dust allergy since the age of 12 years. 
  • The onset of eosinophilia and dust allergy has become more frequent since I moved to Bangalore (5-6 years). 
  • Sometimes I suffer wheezing, running nose and watery eyes
  • Since, last two years, I have become prone to sinusitis also. 
  • When I was first treated for eosinophilia, I was prescribed Serobid 50mg (1 rotacap) and Beclate (2 rotacaps) 100mg along with Alerid 5mg twice a day for the first one month and there after Serobid 50mg (1 rotacap) and Beclate 100mg (1 rotacap) along with Alerid 5mg twice a day for another two months. 
  • After that if I have an occasional onset of allergies, I would take the prescription (Serobid 50mg (1 rotacap) and Beclate 100mg (1 rotacap) along with Alerid 10mg once a day) and allergies would subside in a week or so. 
  • However, for the last 5-6 years, I had to take Serobid 50mg (1 rotacap) and Beclate 100mg (1 rotacap) once a day during night for a period of 3-4 months (mostly in winter season) to avoid wheezing and would take Alerid 10 mg if there are any allergy symptoms (occasionally). 
  • Since  4 months I have been taking Glemont-F as an alternative for the rotacaps (Serobid 50 mg and Beclate 100mg) and Alerid tablets, as Glemont-F is working fine to keep both wheezing and dust allergies down. Glemont-F was prescribed by an ENT specialist when I consulted him for sinusitis. 
  • I had used homeopathy medicines and they worked fine. However, it is very time consuming and have to use them 3 times a day 30 minutes before food. So, I discontinued them and started using Glemont-F as an alternative prescribed by an ENT. 

My questions are:

1) Is Glemont-F safe as I have been taking it for a period of 4-5 months continuously? 2) Since Serobid 50 mg and Beclate 100mg are very old (since I am using it for the last 18years during winters to avoid wheezing), are there any current generation alternatives for the rotacaps? I also was told that rotacaps cause weight gain and bone density loss? 3) Is there any permanent solution for wheezing and dust allergies? Please help me find the solutions for the above questions.