Q. I have freckles for several years. When will they disappear?

Dr. Dilip Meena
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

I have had two freckles of size one inch for several years. It did not cause any concern. But with the current heatwave, I am extra cautious with them. I have previously been to a doctor several years ago who had told me they were fine. I am not on any medications.

Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern.

Thanks for sharing the pictures (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

I do not think they are freckles. I have few differentials, and the most probable one is papular sarcoidosis. It is an inflammatory skin condition. Another differential can be pseudolymphoma, a benign inflammatory condition to various triggers.

Do you have itching or any other symptoms?

I suggest you do a skin biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.

Revert with the answer to help you better.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

It is much appreciated.

I have no other symptoms, and I am not sure when did they start to appear.

Would that change your possible diagnosis?

Thanks again for the reply.

#

My differentials will be the same. Whenever in doubt or a physician cannot clinically come to one diagnosis, we keep differentials.

Sarcoidosis can last for months to years.

The only way to be sure in your case is to go for a skin biopsy or histopathology.

So get it whenever you can.

Take care.

|