Q. Does erythematous gastritis result in stomach cancer issues in future?

Four months back, I had issues of stomach bloating and frequent bowel movement. My DP did an endoscopy and found out the I had erythematous gastritis. He had prescribed medicine for one month. The issue of stomach bloating and frequent bowel movement issue got resolved. But now and then I keep getting stomach bloating issue. And even if I press my stomach inside below the ribs area and right and left of mid-belly there is a mild pain. Please assist with my below queries:

Is erythematous gastritis a serious sickness? Does erythematous gastritis result in stomach cancer issues in the future? Why does my stomach bloating problems occurs now and then? Are there any other tests to be performed to confirm no other underlying issues in my stomach?

#

Erythematous gastritis is simply inflammation of stomach that can occur due to excessive stress, faulty lifestyle, alcohol, and painkiller abuse. Now following are your answers:

It is not serious. You just need treatment for long duration. Unlikely to result in cancer. Take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once daily for a few weeks. You can ask your doctor for tablet Mebeverine. No further tests are required. You need to correct your lifestyle. Walk, exercise, meditation helps greatly.

I have a few more questions. I exercise at the gym daily even before gastritis occurred not sure why it has occurred. And I do not drink also. That is my worry. With this healthy life already what else I should change? Can I continue Pan 40 mg or Pantop 40 mg instead of the above medications prescribed? I have already been on this medication for the past one months. Should I have Pan 40 mg or Pantop 40 mg for two more weeks?

#

Start yoga, meditation and morning walk. You will find them very relaxing. You can continue Pantop 40 mg later but at present my recommendations would be to take capsule Pantop DSR once daily and Take tablet Normaxin (Dicyclomine, Chlordiazepoxide) twice daily. Please try them for two weeks and let me know the response. However, since both are prescription medications please consult your doctor to obtain a prescription.

| 

Is it fine to do fundoplication for GERD?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been struggling with pressure under my ribs and tightness in my chest for 5 years. It is on and off, but mostly it gives me a hard time to come through. I feel hard to belch often. I have taken Esomeprazole and Nexium to keep the reflux down, but the tightness and other awful ...  Read Full »

How to get reassured that I do not have stomach cancer?

Query: Hi doctor,I will be honest and say this is primarily for reassurance from a fear of esophageal and stomach cancer as I suffer very badly from chronic hypochondriasis, for which I am getting treatment for in the form of CBT and on Venlafaxine 225 mg. I am a 43 year old male. I was a social smoker ti...  Read Full »

Is erosive pan gastritis permanently curable?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with erosive pan gastritis through an endoscope in the stomach. I was an IBS patient as well. The medication given was Happi 20 mg morning and Lafaxid D, at bedtime for one month. Is it permanently curable? I was undergoing stress and depression and I we...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»