Q. Does erythematous gastritis result in stomach cancer issues in future?

Four months back, I had issues of stomach bloating and frequent bowel movement. My DP did an endoscopy and found out the I had erythematous gastritis. He had prescribed medicine for one month. The issue of stomach bloating and frequent bowel movement issue got resolved. But now and then I keep getting stomach bloating issue. And even if I press my stomach inside below the ribs area and right and left of mid-belly there is a mild pain. Please assist with my below queries:

Is erythematous gastritis a serious sickness? Does erythematous gastritis result in stomach cancer issues in the future? Why does my stomach bloating problems occurs now and then? Are there any other tests to be performed to confirm no other underlying issues in my stomach?

#

Erythematous gastritis is simply inflammation of stomach that can occur due to excessive stress, faulty lifestyle, alcohol, and painkiller abuse. Now following are your answers:

It is not serious. You just need treatment for long duration. Unlikely to result in cancer. Take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once daily for a few weeks. You can ask your doctor for tablet Mebeverine. No further tests are required. You need to correct your lifestyle. Walk, exercise, meditation helps greatly.

I have a few more questions. I exercise at the gym daily even before gastritis occurred not sure why it has occurred. And I do not drink also. That is my worry. With this healthy life already what else I should change? Can I continue Pan 40 mg or Pantop 40 mg instead of the above medications prescribed? I have already been on this medication for the past one months. Should I have Pan 40 mg or Pantop 40 mg for two more weeks?

#

Start yoga, meditation and morning walk. You will find them very relaxing. You can continue Pantop 40 mg later but at present my recommendations would be to take capsule Pantop DSR once daily and Take tablet Normaxin (Dicyclomine, Chlordiazepoxide) twice daily. Please try them for two weeks and let me know the response. However, since both are prescription medications please consult your doctor to obtain a prescription.

|