Q. There is no yolk sac and fetal pole in gestational sac. Is it something serious?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I am six weeks and six days pregnant. My urine test is positive and beta hCG is also increasing but I am very upset about my ultrasound report. There is gestational sac in my uterus but from last week there is no yolk sac and fetal pole. I have a dark brownish discharge from six days with no cramps. Do not know what is going on with my pregnancy. This is my first pregnancy after 10 months of marriage. The doctor suggested me to wait for two more weeks. The wait is going to be long. Can someone please tell me what would be its result? Your answer will be truly appreciated.

#

You are receiving enough supportive treatment. In case of discrepancy between dates and scan, yolk sac and fetal pole could appear but there is continuous brown discharge which is risk actually. Have a complete avoidance of restricted activities that can trigger a miscarriage, like stairs, stress, sex, abnormal blood pressure, sugar levels, thyroid levels, hormonal imbalance, etc.

Have a strict check on symptoms like the passage of clots, bleeding with or without pain, etc. In case of miscarriage request to send expelled product for histopathology. Complete treatment for any health issue you have, recreational activities and quit recreational drugs, balanced diet, weight, and BMI. Scan after 10 weeks.

Threatened miscarriage.

Scan after 10 days.

Report symptoms immediately to gynecology emergency. Restrict activities. Continue medications as before. Complete treatment for any health issue you have. Recreational activities and quit recreational drugs.

|