Q. What is small gestational sac syndrome?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S
Published on Oct 17, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

What is a small gestational sac syndrome? What causes this and what is the treatment?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology
#

• Small gestational sac syndrome was present before a fetal death in 10.7 % of the cases, and in 24 % in which the karyotype was normal. We conclude that small gestational sac syndrome is an infrequent but important complication of early pregnancy, which occurs more often in karyotypically normal than abnormal fetuses.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Does absence of fetal heartbeat on ultrasound confirm abortion?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is six weeks and five days pregnant. In the fourth week, she got pain in the stomach and back. So, there were two ultrasound reports. The first was taken in five weeks and six days where the gestational sac was 2.33 cm with no heartbeats found. The second ultrasound was six w...  Read Full »

Can you please help me interpret my NT scan report?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44-year-old female. After my three miscarriages, I am 13 weeks pregnant now with IVF treatment. I have got my NT scan with double marker blood test. The results are as follows: Biochemical Trisomy 22 risk: 1:249, combined Trisomy 21 risk. Using NT & Other parameters: 1:946...  Read Full »

Is nasal bone length an indicator of Down's syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor, My quadruple test is normal. After 23 weeks of gestation, I took an anomaly scan, which shows 3.6 mm nasal bone. Is the nasal bone underdeveloped? What are the chances of Down's syndrome? We do not want to get an amniocentesis test done as it increases the chance of miscarriage. Previous...  Read Full »