Gingival Abscess

What could be a white spot on the gum and a small lump on the chin which hurts on touching?

Query: Hello doctor, I have white spots on the left side of my gum and it hurts really bad. I have a sore throat and a small lump on my left side of my chin that hurts when I touch it. What do you think this is?  Read Full »

Dr. Himayoon Majeed Mir

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your short history, it seems that you may be having a gingival abscess or pericoronitis (if the last erupting tooth is involved). However, the picture of the lesion would have made things clear as to which site is involved and the state of the tooth invol...  Read Full »

Tooth pain and a white lump on my upper gum

Query: Hello doctor,I recently started having tooth pain and it has not gone away. I do have a white lump on my upper gum but I have had it for a while. Sometimes, it goes away and then comes back. My tooth pain almost feels like a cavity but I am not sure.  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems your tooth is having a chronic abscess due to infection reaching the pulp and beyond the roots of the tooth and the white swelling is an abscess. I suggest you consult your dentist who will take an X-ray of the tooth and will confirm the diagnosis and explai...  Read Full »

My gum is inflamed. What could this be?

Query: Hello doctor, My gum is currently inflamed and I am a bit confused as to whether I have an ulcer or gingivitis, hoping you could clarify which one I have. There is not much pain and I have not had any bleeding when brushing my teeth. However, my gum is inflamed.  Read Full »

Dr. Himayoon Majeed Mir

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have been through your query and I can understand your concern. The picture you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows a bump on the gingiva of your front tooth. This does not look like gingivitis as if it were so, all the tooth would...  Read Full »