Common "Glycated Hemoglobin" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Glycated Hemoglobin

The hemoglobin that is bond to glucose is called glycated hemoglobin. Glycated hemoglobin is used to determine the control of blood glucose in diabetic patients. Higher amounts of glycated hemoglobin indicate poor control.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why am I having high RBC and hemoglobin counts with low glycated hemoglobin?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 53 years old, 183 lbs, 5'4". For years, I ran a high white blood count and the oncologist said nothing can be done about that. We need to now watch red blood count and RBC distribution and watch my spleen. Now approximately nine years later, for the last four years, I am seeing r...  Read Full »

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have reviewed your query and below is my opinion. Your attached reports are suggestive of high RBC, hemoglobin, and HCT as per provided reference range in a laboratory report. So it is suggestive of polycythemia. It can be primary or secondary. Primary polycythemia...  Read Full »

Vegetarian diet plan for a type 2 diabetic patient.

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to know vegetarian diet plan for a type 2 diabetes patient. She is a 58 year old female and her blood sugar level is 150 mg/dL. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You can start by following some basic rules of eating healthy. Include raw foods like vegetable salads in the diet. Fruits can be taken in moderation once a day. Avoid fruits with a high glycemic index like grapes, mango and jackfruit. Eat three different types of gr...  Read Full »

How can I lower my HbA1c levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45-year-old male. I am 6 feet tall and I weigh 200.6 lbs. I had taken excess BCAA supplement powder to enhance my gym performance and then stopped going to the gym for two months but continued taking the BCAA powder. I feel bloated all the time after food intake and have high bl...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you have diabetes and you must definitely take treatment for it. I suggest that you start with the tablet Metformin 500 mg thrice a day and then repeat your HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) after thr...  Read Full »

I have itching in the private parts and over the skin area of the testis balls that does not go away. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 36-year-old software professional. My problem is that I am getting itching in the private parts area and over the skin area of the testis balls. I have been using Fourderm cream occasionally, but it did not solve my problem. So, could you please advise on some medications to overcom...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. I have a couple of questions. Have you checked for blood sugar levels at any time? If not, please get it done once. Do you have pain or a burning sensation while urination? Is there any discharge from the penis? Was there ...  Read Full »

I am a 35-year-old female with a glycated hemoglobin level of eight percent. Kindly provide suggestions to manage it.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35-year-old female. I went for a regular body check-up and had a blood test. In my report, I noticed that my HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin) level is 8 percent. Does this result indicate diabetes or prediabetes? How can I manage this condition? Do I need to make any lifestyle chang...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq, and thank you for choosing us as your provider for health care. I have gone through your history and understand your concerns. This is not prediabetic; it is diabetic because an HbA1c level above 7 can be considered diabetes. Therefore, you need to make lifestyle changes...  Read Full »

What is the reason for low fasting blood glucose in an older adult with diabetes?

Query: Hello doctor, This query is for my 71-year-old grandmother. She is facing some issues in fasting sugar and glucose levels for three to four days. Other conditions are blood pressure, thyroid and minor arthritis issues. Since four days she is having low levels of fasting sugar. Before having a meal t...  Read Full »

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Answer: Hi, Welcome to She needs to decrease her Basalog to 6 units and check her blood sugar fasting if it is between 90-120 it is fine. But if it is still less than 90 the next day decrease another 2 units and give 4 units then. If fasting blood sugar increase over 130 then you can increase...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.