Gonococcal Pharyngitis

What kind of muscle pain is associated with ARS?

Query: Hi, I am a 31 year old male. About 38 days before I had sex with a CSW (Commercial Social Worker). It was protected vaginal sex and protected oral sex. Also there were deep throat kisses which lasted almost a minute. I am not sure if the condom was torn during the intercourse.  Since last 3 weeks ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. Based upon your history, my answer to your questions: 1. Are My Symptoms Related to ARS? Acute Retroviral Syndrome (ARS) typically begins 7-14 days after the exposure to a HIV positive patient, and may last for up to 3-4 months. The symptoms are typically "flu-l...  Read Full »

May I know the set of tests to be done for gonorrhea and chlamydia?

Query: Hi doctor, Please explain the laboratory tests to be taken for gonorrhea and chlamydia. Is there any test other than urine and throat swab test? If I go for testing what should I ask? How much will it cost?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you not to worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

I have chest pains and a swollen lymph node under my jaw. What can it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have irregular heartbeats, chest pain, and pain under the ribs on both the sides. It is not exactly like pain, but more of a discomfort. Sometimes, I get a short stabbing pain either on the left or the right side under my ribs, and it also feels something is moving or gets squeezed ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The probable causes are: Strep throat. Pharyngeal gonorrhea. Tuberculous lymphadenitis, etc. To come to a definite diagnosis, please consult a nearby physician. For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doct...  Read Full »