Q. What should I do for hair loss problem?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

I have hair loss problem. Please advice.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

Hair fall is a very common issue nowadays. There are several causes for hair fall. It may be genetical or acquired. Acquired hair fall may be due to changes in food habits and lifestyles, using excessive shampoos and conditioners, using hot water to wash hair, direct exposure to sunrays, consumption of salty and sour foods, etc.

Some diseases like diabetes, hypothyroidism, chemotherapy treatment also lead to hair fall. Raised DHT hormone level is also responsible for hair fall. So there is a need to know the exact cause of hair fall and try to resolve them physically or medication.

Blood sugar fasting and PP, thyroid profile, DHT, lipid profile.

Apply Baidyanath Mahabhringraja oil in hair roots and do gentle massage with finger tip for 10 minutes daily at night and in morning wash it with Himalaya gentle protein shampoo. You should shampooing alternate day. Orally you can take Follihair tablet one tablet once a day after meals.

Do these things regularly for two months and provide your valuable feedback.

| 

Why am I having heavy hair fall post C-section delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I had two C-sections and within a gap of 2.8 months post delivery, I had heavy hair fall. So I took Lycopodium 15 drops twice a day for 15 days and simultaneously used a mixture of Jaborandi, Amla, and Arnica with coconut oil. For few months hair fall was less but suddenly again I star...  Read Full »

I have heavy hair fall. Kindly suggest some measures to arrest the hair fall and initiate hair growth.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 54-year-old woman. Around four to five months, I have been experiencing heavy hair fall in the frontal and lateral region. Since the past one year, I am also experiencing thyroid conditions (hypothyroid 6.40) along with stress and menopause (menopause onset was seven months bef...  Read Full »

How to prevent hair loss due to scalp psoriasis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from scalp psoriasis. I have yellow flakes appearing predominantly on the frontal and middle portion of the scalp. After shampooing, it is accompanied by hair loss. What can I do to prevent flaking and to reduce my hair fall? I am using Ketocare shampoo with Topisol 6 % lo...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now