Q. What should I do for hair loss problem?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I have hair loss problem. Please advice.

Do you have a question on Hair Loss or Causes For Hair Fall?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

B.SC. ., B.A.M.S.., M.D.(AYURVEDA)., C.C.Y.P

Hair fall is a very common issue nowadays. There are several causes for hair fall. It may be genetical or acquired. Acquired hair fall may be due to changes in food habits and lifestyles, using excessive shampoos and conditioners, using hot water to wash hair, direct exposure to sunrays, consumption of salty and sour foods, etc.

Some diseases like diabetes, hypothyroidism, chemotherapy treatment also lead to hair fall. Raised DHT hormone level is also responsible for hair fall. So there is a need to know the exact cause of hair fall and try to resolve them physically or medication.

Blood sugar fasting and PP, thyroid profile, DHT, lipid profile.

Apply Baidyanath Mahabhringraja oil in hair roots and do gentle massage with finger tip for 10 minutes daily at night and in morning wash it with Himalaya gentle protein shampoo. You should shampooing alternate day. Orally you can take Follihair tablet one tablet once a day after meals.

Do these things regularly for two months and provide your valuable feedback.

Also Read Answers From: Hair Loss Causes For Hair Fall

Why am I having heavy hair fall post C-section delivery?
Query: Hello doctor, I had two C-sections and within a gap of 2.8 months post delivery, I had heavy hair fall. So I took Lycopodium 15 drops twice a day for 15 days and simultaneously used a mixture of Jaborandi, Amla, and Arnica with coconut oil. For few months hair fall was less but suddenly again I star...  Read Full »
Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can start Sepia 30 five pills in the morning, noon, and then Wiesbaden 200 five pills at bedtime. Arnica mother tincture 10 drops in coconut oil (amount for one use) mix it and apply in hair roots thrice in a week. Apart from these, Fenugreek seeds are good for hai...  Read Full »

How to prevent hair loss due to scalp psoriasis?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from scalp psoriasis. I have yellow flakes appearing predominantly on the frontal and middle portion of the scalp. After shampooing, it is accompanied by hair loss. What can I do to prevent flaking and to reduce my hair fall? I am using Ketocare shampoo with Topisol 6 % lo...  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would recommend you use Salytor shampoo (Coal tar with Salicylic acid) twice weekly and continue with Topisol 6 % lotion (Clobetasol with Salicylic acid). If it is associated with it...  Read Full »

I experience lot of hair fall. Am I suffering from androgenic alopecia?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old, 5.5 height with 70 kg weight. My hair has always been thin with oily dandruff-prone scalp. However, last year, due to some mental stress and trauma, I experienced a lot of hair fall. My hair fall stabilized from March this year. At present, there are a lot of new hairs...  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In your photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is certainly hair loss at a particular area but rest of the scalp has good density of hair. You can have androgenic alopecia although it is not common in females. I would suggest you get a blood c...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now