Q. My hair loss is back after a trip to a tropical country. What can I do?

Answered by Dr. Shaikh Sadaf and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hair Loss or Tsh Level? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Three months after I had my second child, I suffered hair loss. It all grew back six to seven months postpartum. Then, I went on a trip about two and a half months ago to a tropical climate and when I got back I am getting the same type of hair loss again. I believe the name for it is called telogen effluvium. My hair is also very weak in general and some strands are similar to a straw consistency. Could the trip have triggered this or could this be a thyroid issue? I also got BPPV postpartum and even now suffer from chronic dizziness. MRI is normal. Ear tests are normal. The blood test is also normal.