Q. I experience lot of hair fall. Am I suffering from androgenic alopecia?

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Gupta and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Female Pattern Hair Loss or Hairfall? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 26 years old, 5.5 height with 70 kg weight. My hair has always been thin with oily dandruff-prone scalp. However, last year, due to some mental stress and trauma, I experienced a lot of hair fall. My hair fall stabilized from March this year. At present, there are a lot of new hairs on my crown, but I see quite a lot of them falling as well. Also, my hairs do not seem to grow longer than my waist. My mom has thyroid-induced alopecia. My thyroid is fine. Three years ago, I was diagnosed with PCOS-like symptoms without cysts. My condition is better now. I am worried if I am suffering from androgenic alopecia.