Q. Suffering from hair loss due to scalp psoriasis. What to do?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
Published on Aug 31, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 04, 2018

I am suffering from scalp psoriasis. I have yellow flakes appearing predominantly on the frontal and middle portion of the scalp. After shampooing, it is accompanied by hair loss. What can I do to prevent flaking and to reduce my hair fall? I am using Ketocare shampoo with Topisol 6 % lotion and a Revilus multivitamin.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have gone through your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would recommend you use Salytor shampoo (Coal tar with Salicylic acid) twice weekly and continue with Topisol 6 % lotion (Clobetasol with Salicylic acid). If it is associated with itching, take tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg once daily at bedtime. For hair fall, take tablet Follihair A (Folic acid with Biotin) once daily.

| 

Is my DHT level causing mild hair fall and flaky scalp?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. For the past three months, I have mild hair fall. I lose around 2 to 10 hair after every shower. I have never had hair fall in the past. I also did a background check with my family history; none had any baldness even in the 70s. I fear this would be the result of mas...  Read Full »

When I try to remove the flakes on my scalp, there is bleeding and crusting. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from two major problems from the past three years.Acne and marks.Sticky oily dandruff.Scalp flakes do not get dislodged even after shampooing. I have to dig my comb into the scalp to remove the flakes which lead to bleeding in certain areas and forms crusts. I have opted ...  Read Full »

Apart from getting injections, what treatments are available for seborrheic dermatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, Eight years ago, a car wreck shattered the windshield, and my head got injured with pieces of glass. They did not take the glass out, and I have also been dying my hair since I was 16. I developed fibromyalgia from the wreck, which is supposed to be relatively non-progressive, however ...  Read Full »