Q. Suffering from hair loss due to scalp psoriasis. What to do?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 31, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 04, 2018

I am suffering from scalp psoriasis. I have yellow flakes appearing predominantly on the frontal and middle portion of the scalp. After shampooing, it is accompanied by hair loss. What can I do to prevent flaking and to reduce my hair fall? I am using Ketocare shampoo with Topisol 6 % lotion and a Revilus multivitamin.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have gone through your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would recommend you use Salytor shampoo (Coal tar with Salicylic acid) twice weekly and continue with Topisol 6 % lotion (Clobetasol with Salicylic acid). If it is associated with itching, take tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg once daily at bedtime. For hair fall, take tablet Follihair A (Folic acid with Biotin) once daily.

|