Q. Shall I try some natural supplement to prevent hair fall?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 29, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 18 years old. I was blessed with a thick, dark and long hair. For a year or so, I have started experiencing deterioration in the quality of my hair. I am experiencing thinning, loss of luster, split ends and hair fall with alarming rate. I was stressed during my board exams, but it was over before six months. The condition has not improved. I am normally on a healthy diet. I never use soap, but I use shampoo once or twice a week. I had been on medication for a month with some success, but the condition returned once the course was over. I had been on Keraglo Eva and Tricogro hair serum. I am willing to take relevant blood tests if necessary on your advice. I would also like to try some natural supplement such as DasGro. Please advice.

#

• Yes, you can try DasGro supplements. I also suggest Proanagen tablets.
  • Rather than Tricogro hair serum, use Minoxidil 2% lotion twice daily on dry hair for three to six months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.
  • Hair fall may also be seen after cosmetic hair procedures like chemical straightening.
  • So, appropriate blood tests for ruling out above conditions may be done. You should go for serum ferritin and TSH (thyroid levels) testing.
  • Take a nutritious and protein rich diet, which includes pulses, milk products and eggs.
  • Avoid routine application of gels or frequent blow drying of your hair.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|