Hair Supplements

How to control my hair fall that occur post pregnancy?

Query: I have severe hair loss problem. I am a mother a 1 year old baby. Post pregnancy i gained upto 76 kgs and after it i have reduced it to 63 kgs. After this i am facing severe hair loss. Like hair everywhere in my home and comb. Kindly help out  Read Full »

Dr. Hari Pathave

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi Welcome to ICliniq. Thank you for providing information. It is called Telogen effluvium. Mostly after pregnancy there is hair loss of Telogen stage. The hair loss due to Telogen effluvium is reversible and not permanent but sometimes require treatment. You can start: Proanagen lotion apply at n...  Read Full »

I have hair fall problem for more than a year. How to stop it?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21-year-old male. I have hair fall problem for more than a year. When I am not taking a head bath a day, my hair becomes oily, and I start to have itching. How can I manage this condition?  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The condition is known as androgenetic alopecia (AGA). It is also known as male pattern hair loss. It is genetic, and it occurs due to hormonal changes. It is a progressive condition. I...  Read Full »

Can bleaching be really harmful to my hair?

Query: Hello doctor, I bleached my roots twice in the summer, and there was a ton of overlap, resulting in a lot of breakages. I thought the breakage subsided so I had extensions put in. I just recently had them taken out and realized that my hair has become super thin and I have lost a lot of them and my...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bleaching repeatedly would cause damage to the Disulfide bonds present in the hair, which is most often temporary. You definitely need hair nutrients like biotin, cysteine, selenium, calcium pantothenate, zinc, vitamin C to restore normal growth pattern of hair. Pl...  Read Full »

Can you tell me the cause of my severe hair fall?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I have severe hair fall. I take multivitamins and iron pills daily for iron deficiency. I have tried biotin, expensive shampoos, conditioners, leave-in conditioner, etc. Nothing seems to be working. I wash my hair every other day because it tends to get very...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Excessive hair fall can be due to male or female pattern baldness, physical illness or mental stress in the past three to six months, low serum ferritin, nutritional deficiency, certain medical conditions like thyroid problems and other hormonal disorders, after cosmetic ...  Read Full »