Heart Disease

What could be the reason for sharp chest pain radiating to shoulder blades with breathing difficulty?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20-year-old female. My height is 5'1" and weighs around 160 pounds. I am having sharp burning pain in my chest and back in the mid to left side between the shoulder blades and under the breast bone. It lasts between 30 minutes and a few hours of this sharp pain. Usually, it becom...  Read Full »

Dr. Tanmai Yermal (jain)

Internal Medicine Physician, Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. I would like to know some more details about your present complaint. What type of murmur has your doctor described? History of which heart disease your family has and who has it? Is your chest pain associated with any other symptoms l...  Read Full »

Is it safe to use Klonopin when at increased risk of QT prolongation?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from panic attacks and anxiety for several years, and on top of that essential tremor affects my everyday life. A couple of weeks ago, my doctor prescribed Klonopin (Clonazepam) for me, but there are some things I am worried about after googling a bit. Does Klono...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Long term Clonazepam, as well as high dose clonazepam, puts you at a risk for developing acquired long QT, having said that a QTC of 447 msec is within the prescribed i.e < 460 msec limit for women. Oxazepam is safer but if you combine either of these with anot...  Read Full »

Shortness of breath | Pain in shoulder

Query: Hello doctor, I have shortness of breath, and pain in the shoulder for past eight years. Currently, I am taking Zolahart 40, Stablon, Flavedon MR, Rabekind Dar, Ezidoc 20, Ecosprin 75, and Pregaba 75.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your ECG is showing changes (attachment removed to protect patient identity) which indicate some kind of heart damage either ischemia, hypertension induced or other. You mentioned here about angiography and it is showing only 30 percent blockages. So have you undergo...  Read Full »

My ECG shows low voltage with QRS 86 mm. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My ECG shows low voltage with QRS 86 mm. I am physically fit and active with no such issue a year ago. What could be the cause and solution?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Could you upload your ECG picture? It must be 86 msec, I guess. Low voltage ECG may be seen as a normal variant, also seen in obese individuals, smoker or patients with heart disease like fluid around the heart or in lung disease. But, if you do not have any symptoms...  Read Full »

Will Nitroglycerin patch prolong life of an elderly person?

Query: Hello doctor, My 96-year-old mother is getting to where she only eats breakfast. She has hearing loss and is blind. Does the Nitroglycerin patch she is using will prolong her life? She is miserable and ready to go. She is sleeping a lot and had three seizures two weeks back. She has refused to go t...  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you mentioned, your mother has deafness and blindness, you did not mention why she is using Nitrogen glycerine patches. It is only useful when the patient is suffering from heart disease with recurrent anginal chest pain (heart attack), but it is used to reduce BP...  Read Full »

I often feel dizzy and palpitate when I drink caffeinated drinks. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 19 years old. What does it mean to have a low blood pressure? I often feel dizzy and I also palpitate whenever I drink caffeinated drinks or when I use the stairs.  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be a number of things, most commonly for someone your age, anemia. It could also be something along the lines of adrenal insufficiency or something more serious like a heart condition. However, anemia is the most probable cause of your symptoms unless prove...  Read Full »

Can lifestyle change reduce the risk of heart disease?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 47 years old. I am 91 kilograms of weight, and my height is 5 feet. I have high BP and presently taking tablet Atenol 50 during the night and Losar 50 in the morning daily. I also had a gastric issue before six months. But now it is fine. I smoke two cigarettes in the morning and at...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your reports are fine except the fatty liver which is due to being overweight and borderline cholesterol which is also linked to same. The most important risk factors in you are obesity...  Read Full »

Does my mother need angiogram based on the ECG reports?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 50 years old and she is suffering from heart diseases. Her ECG show sinus tachycardia 99 biatrial enlargement qrs area, p80 ms0, 15v1 and 0.30v2, LDS l abnormal, r wave progression early transition, qrs area 0 in v2 lvh with secondary repolarization abnormality multi, lvh...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, you take a pic of ECG and upload. Whatever you have mentioned is machine generated report and frequently inaccurate. This is not suitable for opinion. However, from the mentioned report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that ECG h...  Read Full »

Which is a good medicine to prevent heart diseases in a diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 45 years old. I am a diabetic patient for the last one year. I used Ayurvedic medicines. Normally, the BP varies between 130/80 to 137/90. For the last 10 days, I am feeling uncomfortable in the chest. Recent test report: Fasting 110, PPBS 185, TC 213, Triglycerides 146,...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diabetes is a strong risk factor for coronary artery disease. You had chest discomfort and one episode of heart attack like symptoms and your ECG was normal at that time. But, a normal ECG does not rule out a heart attack. I think you should undergo further eva...  Read Full »

Heart disease runs in my family. How can I be proactive about it?

Query: Hello doctor,I am wondering if I should get checked or should worry about heart disease. It runs in my family. My grandma and uncle died of a massive heart attack at ages 58 and 37. Mom has issues and my cousin just had a quad done at 42. I would rather be proactive if I can. Advise?  Read Full »

Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a history of premature coronary artery disease in your family, as you told about a history of heart attack in grandmother and uncle. But, you did not mention what exact issue your mother has. It is better to get evaluated for coronary artery disease with te...  Read Full »