HomeAnswersUrologyhematuriaHow to manage the blood and blood clots flowing in my urine?

I have blood and blood clots flowing in my urine. Please help.


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 29, 2018
Reviewed AtJanuary 2, 2024

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am 22 years old. I have blood and blood clots flowing in my urine. It happened about two times. After an hour, when I urinated, it was normal. I went to a nearby hospital and checked my blood and urine. It was completely normal. After two days, I went for an advanced scan. I did an ultrasound scan for kidneys, bladder, and for the abdominal area. The scanning results were completely normal. After a few days, I had the same problem. I have a habit of masturbation for the past six years. I can see a blood vessel enlarged in my penis and the blood supply is blocked in that region. I have an erection problem now. Please help.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Blood in urine usually occurs due to infection or stone. Since your reports are regular, there can be a mild infection, or it can be a small stone which has not caused any pain. I suggest you visit a urologist and get a CT scan of KUB (kidneys, ureter, and urinary bladder) region done. If the results are healthy, and if there is no bleeding, probably there is nothing to be done. If the report shows something, or if there is bleeding again, further tests will be advised by the urologist. Do not worry about the veins over your penile skin, as they are not related to erection. So do not worry about erectile problems. Take plenty of fluids. Please provide your reports for further analysis.

Patient's Query

Thank you doctor,

Now I can see a blood vessel (top of the penis) enlarged in round form. Does it happen due to an infection? If it is a problem, can it heal automatically?


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

The vessels present over the penile skin supplies the penile skin surface only when they elongate during erection. So do not worry unless they are painful or when they have bumps or when they are increasing in size.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Saurabh Subhash Pandya
Dr. Saurabh Subhash Pandya


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy