Hematuria

Can IUD cause blood in urine?

Query: Hi, I have had the IUD for 2 years now and my period stopped a year ago completely. I awoke from my sleep last night due to pain in the vagina. When I went to the bathroom, I urinated blood, a lot of it. I also had burning sensation while urinating. Why is this happening to me?  Read Full »

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood in urine is called hematuria. You have blood in urine as well as burning sensation while urinating. Blood in urine has nothing to do with IUD (Intra Uterine Device). There are chances of cystitis or growth in the urinary bladder. This condition needs a detai...  Read Full »

Can kidney stones cause blood in urine?

Query: My father is diabetic and have kidney stones. Recently he saw blood in his urine after walk(exercise) what's the reason behind it???  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi thank you for consulting me Kidney stones can have different presentations it also can cause blood in urine after exercise and stones should be evaluated properly and treatment Your father have diabetes and might have other medical issues so proper evaluation before intervention is required I ...  Read Full »

What could cause streaks of blood in urine?

Query: Hi doctor, I need your help as I am worried sick and it is affecting me mentally now that something serious is wrong with me. Seven months ago I began experiencing pain on my left side. I went to my doctor who said it was just muscle pain. The pain went on and got a lot worse. Four weeks I went to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandip Pramanik

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your queries. Please relax and sit at home. Do not worry. You need not be in a hurry to get a CT (computed tomography) urogram done at this pandemic state. I am explaining the condition now. You are having hematuria associated with flank pain. Hema...  Read Full »

What are the possible causes and treatment for passing blood in urine?

Query: Hello doctor, There are 10-15 ml of blood after I urinate, and I have burning sensation also. This has been going on for a few years now. What medications can assist this? Please advise on the possible diagnosis and treatment of this.  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to know about you, your age, and sex. And before we reach to any conclusion I want to tell you something about hematuria (blood in urine). 1) Blood at the beginning of urination (called initial hematuria) typically indicates a lesion in the urethra. 2) Hemat...  Read Full »

Why are the readings in kidney function test high?

Query: Hi doctor, I am scheduled for extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) to treat a kidney stone that was discovered through testing for gross hematuria. My pre-operative blood work came back with a number of readings that were flagged as high. It includes Alpha-1-acid glycoprotein (AGP) 17, blood...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your high readings in kidney function tests are probably attributed to the kidney stone that you are having. Any stone present in kidney that is causing hematuria is very likely to cause transient rise in creatinine levels and alter the kidney function test too. T...  Read Full »

Please suggest some medicines for my wife's UTI and hematuria.

Query: Hi doctor, My 31 year old wife got UTI and hematuria last year, which got resolved after medication. Today she started having UTI symptoms like frequent urination with burning and pain. Please suggest some medicines.  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. She needs to get these basic tests. Ultrasound of the abdomen. Urine routine and culture. CBC (complete blood count). Serum creatinine. For the time being, I suggest you try taking the following for the urinary tract infection (UTI): Tablet Niftran (Nitrofurantoin) 100 mg...  Read Full »

I have IgA neuropathy, is it normal for the protein and blood levels in the urine to fluctuate?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with early IgA nephropathy, about five years ago, and I am on medication. Protein and blood are present in the urine, and their levels have varied over time, ranging from traces to ++. My recent urine analysis showed protein (+), erythrocytes (++), RBC (8-10 /HPF), creati...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Somani

Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To correctly answer your questions, I need to know the following. Was biopsy done? If yes, then send the report. Is your blood pressure under control? What medicines are you currently taking? I suggest you get a 24-hour urine for protein done. This will tell you the degr...  Read Full »

Kindly interpret MRI taken for enlarged prostate, urinary retention and hematuria.

Query: Hi doctor,I have enlarged prostate, urinary retention, and hematuria for almost a year. I had MRI of prostate done. I would like to have the interpretation of images. Currently, I am on Flowmax and Finasteride.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The MRI scan of the prostate (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows a grossly enlarged prostate which is indenting the lumen of the urinary bladder and which you are probably aware of. Further, the median lobe of the prostate is showing hypertrophy and p...  Read Full »

My report says there is blood in urine, but my doctor says I am fine. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I had undergone chest X-ray, ECG, creatinine, fasting glucose, postprandial blood sugar, urea, uric acid, lipid profile, liver function test, thyroid stimulating hormone, TSH, urine complete analysis, complete blood count with ESR and ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis. All the re...  Read Full »

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your reports, it seems to be a urinary tract infection secondary to a kidney stone. Some kidney stones are not visible on the ultrasound. So, I suggest you do a CT scan of the abdomen and repeat urinalysis. If the same report persists, then we can thi...  Read Full »

Does nutcracker syndrome cause stress and depression?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old student. I recently found that I have nutcracker syndrome. I fear that it will affect my mitral valve prolapse or cause some damage to the heart, leading to stress and depression.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nutcracker syndrome is a condition in which the left renal vein gets compressed between two large vessels, superior mesenteric artery and the aorta. The compression will result in renal venous hypertension, and rupture of thin-walled veins. Hence, there is resultant he...  Read Full »