Heparin

Is it necessary to take Heparin for low protein S during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 7 months pregnant and my first pregnancy was a missed abortion. During this pregnancy, I underwent tests like thrombophilia profile and protein S antigen test in which my protein S levels were found low: 58% according to protein S antigen and 32.90% as per protein S functional te...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: 1. Protein S antigen levels are borderline, however the functional activity level is a bit low. 2. This increases the risk of clotting, which is always increased in pregnancy. 3. To reduce anticoagulants like Heparin ...  Read Full »

Is Heparin cream advisable for visible and painful penis veins?

Query: Hello doctor, In my penis, veins are visible and it is painful. Last month I consulted urologist, and he gave me Evion 400 tablet for 20 days. I masturbate daily. What I have to do now? Shall I keep Heparin cream on penis vein? Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are always large veins on the upper aspect of the penis, and they transport blood back towards the heart. Since the penis is an erectile organ, the veins have to be large and zigzag (tortuous), so they can elongate when the penis becomes erect. Sometimes the pa...  Read Full »

I had thrombophilia panel test as I had two miscarriages. Do I need any treatment to get pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36-year-old female. I had two chemical pregnancies this year, and I am childless. Due to my age, I decided to investigate more. The thrombophilia panel test results recommended me to see a hematologist. I have positive results (heterozygous) for MTHFR C677T, PAI 4G by 5G, AGT M235...  Read Full »

Dr. Kks

Hematologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your case. It seems that you had two miscarriages. So, you have to know a little detail about your condition and to understand thrombophilia. The risk of abortion is none to minimal in normal pregnancy whereas intermediate and high in heterozygous and ho...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to give LMWH to treat PVT?

Query: Hello doctor,The patient was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis for 27 years and portal hypertension for at least 10 years and was recently diagnosed with portal vein thrombosis (almost complete thrombosis to the level of confluency) through a CT scan. The patient takes Azathioprine for treatment f...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The information given here (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows that she has liver cirrhosis. Also, she has portal hypertension. In this setting, treatment should be directed at liver cirrhosis which has ultimately resulted in portal vein thrombosis. T...  Read Full »

I am bleeding during pregnancy. Should I discontinue Heparin injection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am eight weeks and six days pregnant and am currently on LMWH (Inj Innohep 40 mg) as tests prior to pregnancy indicated a positive ANA. I have a history of a previous mid-trimester miscarriage which was believed to be due to an incompetent cervix, and so have been on vaginal progest...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I know it is a tough situation for you to decide. Do not panic. Relax, you are doing fine. Let me answer you one by one. 40 mg dose of LMW Heparin once a day is a prophylactic dose. Twice a day is a therapeutic dose. So just by getting once a day ...  Read Full »

There are painful bumps on my penis after masturbation. Please suggest a remedy.

Query: Hello doctor, I got some pimple like bumps on my penis. But, I was not able to identify the cause for it. I observed that it is happening to me after masturbation most of the times. So, please suggest some remedies for this problem because they are painful. I am uploading a picture.  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please provide more information: Since when the lesion is present?Does it itch?Are there any other lesions in the groin or elsewhere on the body?Have you been applying any creams or washing the affected area with any antiseptics?Was there any recent sexual expo...  Read Full »

What does positive lupus anticoagulant test mean?

Query: Hi doctor,I have recently been told my first test of antiphospholipid syndrome shows positive lupus anticoagulants. What does that mean for someone with no symptoms? I took Articaine and Phenphedrine the day before the test. Can an overdose cause the test to be faulty? I had four miscarriages so far...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a history of four recurrent miscarriage and cause for that seems to be an antiphospholipid syndrome. Because of thrombosis secondary to antiphospholipid syndrome, miscarriage occurred. If you are on anticoagulant medication, then it could be a false result. But ...  Read Full »

Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 33 year old male. I have sex regularly and masturbate regularly. Over the years, I dabbled in penis enlargement exercises. I quit doing them a while back because I felt it was causing a damage to the penis. Recently, I used a cock ring, but for not more than ten minute...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If there is a pain of veins, especially when you touch them, or any signs of inflammation, only then it is a thrombophlebitis of veins. In your case, it could be thrombophlebitis, but...  Read Full »

My wife had three miscarriages. What should we do to have a healthy baby?

Query: Hello doctor, I am writing on behalf of my wife. She is 28 years old. She has PCOD. We have been trying for a baby for the past three and a half years. My wife conceived thrice, but all the times, the pregnancy got aborted in the second month. We have checked with infertility specialists in my area....  Read Full »

Dr. Aparna M Sathawane

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Childbirth Educator, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern regarding your wife's recurrent miscarriages.  She can take these measures in the next pregnancy if she had missed any in the previous ones: Start taking Folic Acid 5 mcg once a day and tablet Ecosprin (Aspirin) 75 mcg onc...  Read Full »