iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersUrologyblood clotWhat is the treatment for swollen veins on my penis shaft?

Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At September 6, 2017
Reviewed AtJanuary 17, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am a healthy 33 year old male. I have sex regularly and masturbate regularly. Over the years, I dabbled in penis enlargement exercises. I quit doing them a while back because I felt it was causing a damage to the penis. Recently, I used a cock ring, but for not more than ten minutes. Now, I am noticing swollen veins on my penis shaft. I believe it could be thrombosis or Mondor's disease. I have an appointment scheduled with my general practitioner but would appreciate any feedback. I can still get erections but they do not feel as full. Also, I have to manually stimulate to get erections. Sometimes, I feel a dull ache on the bottom part of my shaft.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If there is a pain of veins, especially when you touch them, or any signs of inflammation, only then it is a thrombophlebitis of veins. In your case, it could be thrombophlebitis, but it is very minimal and nothing to worry. It is self-limiting. Avoid sex and masturbation for a few days. You can apply Thrombophob ointment (a combination of Heparin and Benzyl Nicotinate) locally to reduce thrombophlebitis. Regarding erection problems, it is just because you are stressing about the problem in the penis. So, nothing to worry about erection. Do not worry. Everything will be alright. Let your GP have look and examine you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Khant Shahil Ramesh Bhai
Dr. Khant Shahil Ramesh Bhai


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy