Q. What does it mean if I tested positive for hepatitis C?

Dr. Noushif M
Published on Apr 16, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 24, 2019

I am hepatitis C positive with IgM + IgG of 14.2. This test was conducted five years ago. What is the significance of this? I have full medical test including LFT from two months back including sonography where things were normal. Do I need to worry about this? Does it require a treatment or the count is within limits?

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgery Medical Gastroenterology Surgical Gastroenterology
#

You need to get the hepatitis C quantitative assay (RNA level) done and need to get treatment depending upon that.

There is no need to worry. Your other labs are fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But please be under the strict follow-up of a nearby gastro/ hepatologist. Regards.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

My spleen is enlarged, and CBC is normal. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have enlarged spleen from the last two years. I am 24 years old, male. My spleen size went from 13.4 cm two years back to 14 cm to 14.4 cm four months back. My CBC report looks normal and I have vitamin B12 level as 349 and vitamin D as 11.13. I have MCV level 102.4 and MCH level 34.2...  Read Full »

Do you think I would have got hepatitis C or HIV?

Query: Hello doctor, I am concerned as I tried cocaine 10 days ago. I used a bank note to snort it but did not share the note with anyone. There was no visible blood, etc. on the note. I had a cut in one of my nostrils and had an open wound. I was feeling unwell before this, but then got flu and cold a day...  Read Full »