High Monocyte

In my CBC count, the monocyte count is high. What could be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently got my CBC done as a part of a routine check-up in which my Hgb, RBC, platelets, WBC counts was entirely within the range except for monocytes. My monocytes were 5.28x10^9/L. I feel healthy otherwise and except for PCOS have no other known medical condition. My GP said that...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I read your concern, and below is my opinion. There are many causes for high monocyte count. Your monocyte count is high and cannot be neglected.The temporary viral infection also can cause high monocyte count. You do not have any symptoms, so temporary mild viral ...  Read Full »

What Is The Reason For High Monocyte and Eosinophil?

Query: Hi doctor, My blood reports show high monocytes and eosinophils for over two years of span. I feel there is no energy, muscle spasms, splenomegaly, muscle pain, and malaise. I am seropositive RA. But, my CRP and ESR are normal most of the time.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rheumatoid arthritis is one of the causes for high monocyte count and multisystemic involvement. Hence, treatment for that is nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and disease modifying drugs like Leflunomide, etc. The high eosinophil count causes include allergy, para...  Read Full »

My blood test shows platelets and monocytes above the normal range. Is this a sign of cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, My blood test shows platelets and monocytes above the normal range. Is this a sign of cancer?  Read Full »

Dr. C Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two types of thrombocytosis, primary and secondary. Primary thrombocytosis is a disease in which abnormal cells in the bone marrow cause an increase in platelets. Secondary thrombocytosis is due to another condition the patient may be suffering from, An...  Read Full »

I have severe pain in my fingertips and toes. What could this be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had chronic bloating, indigestion, stomach pain, nausea, and diarrhea for over a month. During that same time, I developed frequent shortness of breath and palpitations with exertion upon waking and after eating. Also, during the same time, I began having severe pain in my fing...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: The serum protein and creatinine levels are a bit high possibly due to increased protein intake or associated dehydration in recent times. Monocytes are mildly elevated and BUN (blood urea nitrogen) levels are in the u...  Read Full »